If you Can’t Log in to TikTok then this article is perfect for you as we are going to tell you everything about how you can fix this problem.
TikTok is one of the most popular social networking apps right now and people love to see the short videos on this platform.
TikTok has also become a genuine career option for people as they have realized that they can make money from the platform.
For others, it is a stress buster after a long day of work where they can just watch short videos and relieve all the stress they have in their life.
Now, we know that there are different types of TikTok login errors that won’t let you log in to the platform.
Some of the most common TikTok errors are as follows:
- Couldn’t Log In.
- Too many attempts. Try again later.
- Incorrect account or password
- Time out. Please try again.
- There is a small problem with the server, Fixing it now
Now that you know about the most common TikTok login errors, you should check out the article down below where we mention how you can fix the Can’t Log in to TikTok error.
- Does Twitter Notify you of Screenshots taken by Someone?
- How to Tell if Someone viewed your Snapchat story more than once?
- Does Facebook Notify you while someone takes a screenshot of your story?
Table of Contents
7 Ways to Fix the Can’t Log In to TikTok issue
1. Check TikTok Servers
If you can’t log in to TikTok then the first thing you need to do is check the TikTok servers and see if there is an issue with them or not.
It is possible that you can’t log in to TikTok because the TikTok servers are down which also means that their services are not available.
While TikTok does not have a status page where you can check the status of its servers, you can definitely do that from third-party services such as DownDetector.
So, we will use DownDetector.com to check if TikTok servers are working fine or not.
- Go to DownDetector or visit this direct link and check the TikTok server status.
- If the website shows that TikTok servers are having trouble right now then sit back and relax as their engineers should already be working on a way to fix it.
- In case there is no problem with TikTok servers, you can try the other methods mentioned below.
2. Check your Network Connection
The next thing you can do after checking the TikTok server status is to check the status of your own internet connection.
It is quite possible that you are not aware but your internet connection is down right now which is why you can’t log in to TikTok.
- To check your network connection, you can load any website on your browser and see if it loads up fine or not.
- You can also go to a website such as Fast.com where you can check your internet speeds.
If your internet is not working then call up your internet service provider and tell them to fix the issue as soon as possible.
Apart from that, make sure to reboot your WiFi router by switching it off, waiting for a few minutes, and then switching it on again.
If the TikTok login issues are still there then you can try the other methods mentioned below.
3. Check your Account Credentials
It is possible that you are entering the wrong account credentials which is the reason why you can’t log in to TikTok.
We recommend you check your account credentials such as username and password and make sure they are correct.
People often make the mistake of entering the @ in front of their username. While the TikTok username does start with @ symbol, you don’t need to add that while signing in to TikTok.
Make sure that your Capslock is turned off while entering the username or password and also check if there is any extra space while typing your password.
Ensure that there is no typo in your password or username because it is very easy with the current phones to enter something and then there is something else written on the screen.
4. Reset your TikTok Password
If you have lost your TikTok account’s password then don’t worry as there are many ways in which you can retrieve your lost password.
To reset your TikTok password, follow these steps:
- Click on Sign Up and click on Log In at the bottom of your screen.
- Now, select Use phone/email/username and then choose Email/Username.
- Now, click on the “Forgot Password?” option and choose to reset your password either with a Phone number or Email.
5. Reboot your Device
The next thing you need to do in order to fix your TikTok login issues is to reboot your device.
For this, you can simply press and hold the power button on your smartphone and click on the Restart option to turn off the device and turn it back on.
Once the device is restarted, open the TikTok app and check if the login issues are fixed or not.
6. Reinstall the TikTok app
We have seen that many people recommend you to either update your TikTok app or even clear its cache and storage.
However, why do all these steps when you can do all of this in a single step which is to just reinstall the TikTok app?
This will clear the cache and storage of the app as well as update it since you are going to download the latest version when you reinstall the app.
- To uninstall and install the TikTok app again, long-press the app icon, and you will be given the option to remove or uninstall the app.
- Choose that option and make sure that the app is removed from your device.
- After that, open the Google Play Store or App Store and search for TikTok to download it back to your device.
- Now, you can try to log in again with your account credentials and see if the issues are fixed.
7. Report the issue to TikTok Support
If you are unable to log in to your TikTok account even after applying all the steps mentioned above, it could be possible that your issue is worse than you thought.
For that, you will need to report the issue to TikTok Support as they will be able to best guide you in recovering your account.
To contact TikTok Support, follow these steps:
- Go to your TikTok Sign Up page and then click on the question mark icon at the top as highlighted in the image.
- Now, select the Notepad icon as seen in the image to go to the Feedback section.
- Once again select the same icon in the next window to create new feedback and write your detailed feedback about the login issues you are facing.
- Finally, tap the Report button and your feedback will be submitted.
Now, you need to wait for TikTok Support to reply to your feedback and come back with a solution for you.
We have seen that it takes them anywhere between 24 hours to as much as a week to reply back but be patient as they will give you a reply.
- 7 Ways to Fix Can’t Save Videos on TikTok error
- How to fix TikTok liked videos disappeared, showing or updating?
- 8 Ways to Fix TikTok Profile Picture (PFP) Not Changing or Showing?
In this article, we have mentioned the best ways to fix the Can’t Log in to TikTok issue and we are confident that these steps will help you fix the problem.
If the TikTok servers are down, you don’t need to try any other steps as your login issues will be fixed as soon as the servers are back online.
Share this article with your friends who also use TikTok and have the same problem that they Can’t log in to TikTok and help them solve this issue.