Instagram comes with a lot of features that are designed to increase engagement between its users and we know that they do a great job of it.
However, it is also known that a lot of features on Instagram don’t always work as expected which is the reason behind this article as well.
We have seen users struggling with the issue of Can’t Share Post to Story on Instagram and we have a few solutions for the same which we are going to share with you down below.
But before that, we are also going to tell you the reasons why you can’t share posts to stories on Instagram so you know its cause as well.
Table of Contents
Why You Can’t Share Post to Story on Instagram?
There are basically a few reasons why you can’t share post to story on Instagram and they are as mentioned below:
1. Account Type
The first reason why you can’t share post to story on Instagram is possible because of the account type that the user who posted the story on Instagram has.
For example, you can only find the “Add Post to Story” button on stories that are shared by public Instagram accounts.
So if you see someone posting a story and don’t see the add post to story button then they have a Private account.
2. Sharing Permission not given
We have seen that users have been denying permission to share their stories by mistake or knowingly.
If the users are knowingly restricting the sharing permission then we have to respect their decision because it is to protect their privacy.
However, the users who are unaware that their sharing permissions have been withheld can give sharing permission in the following manner:
- Go to the Instagram app, open your Profile and then click on three lines hamburger icon at the top-right.
- This will open the Settings where you need to select Privacy.
- Now, select Story and then click on the “Allow sharing to story” option and check if it is disabled.
3. Instagram Bugs
It is quite possible that there is a bug on Instagram at the exact moment while you are trying to share a post to a story on Instagram which is why you are not able to share posts on the platform.
If possible, close the Instagram app or website for a short while and then come back later to see if it was just a glitch or something else.
- How to See Mutual Followers on Instagram in 2022?
- How to Fix Instagram ‘Your Account has been temporarily locked’ issue
- How to Fix Instagram Direct Messages (DMs) not sending, loading, or showing?
- [Working] How to View Full-Size Instagram Photos in 2022?
- How to Stop Auto Following on Instagram?
How to Fix Can’t Share Post to Story on Instagram
While we have told you about the possible reasons why you are facing the issue of Can’t Share Post to Story on Instagram, we will now tell you how to fix the issue as well.
1. Allow Sharing to Story on Instagram
As we mentioned earlier, many users might have disabled the Setting to allow sharing stories on Instagram.
Now, we understand those who have disabled this option due to privacy reasons but this post is for those who don’t know if they have this option enabled or disabled inside their Instagram app.
To check and enable the Allow Sharing to Story option on Instagram, follow these steps:
- First of all, open the Instagram app and go to your Profile.
- Now, click on the Hamburger menu at the top-right to open Settings.
- Inside Settings, go to Privacy and then open the Stories option.
- Now, click on Allow sharing to story option under Sharing section and enable it.
2. Reinstall the Instagram app
If the above method does not work then you should Uninstall or Remove the Instagram app from your device.
Once the app is removed from your device, you can go to the App Store or Google Play Store and install the Instagram app on your device once again.
This will clear the cache and storage of your Instagram app and fix all the issues you are having with the app.
3. Make your Account Public
As we mentioned earlier, Instagram does not allow you to share posts to stories for Private accounts which means you won’t be able to see the share post to story button on their stories.
To fix this, you can make your account public if it has been made private by mistake (or you changed your mind).
To change your account privacy from Private to Public on Instagram, follow these steps:
- Go to the Instagram app and tap on your Profile icon.
- Now, click on the hamburger menu at the top-right to open Settings.
- Inside Settings, click on Privacy.
- You will see a toggle at the top which says “Private Account” under the Account Privacy section as seen above.
- Disable this toggle to make your Account Public and your account privacy will be changed.
Once your Private account is changed to Public, people will start seeing the Share Post to Story button under your shared stories and this will solve their Can’t Share Post to Story on Instagram issue.
4. Report the Problem to Instagram
If everything else fails to solve your Can’t Share Post to Story Instagram issue then you should report the problem to Instagram.
- To do this, go to the Instagram app and tap on your “Profile icon”.
- Now, click on Settings and then click on Help.
- Inside Help, click on Report a Problem and then click on Report a Problem once again.
- Now, write a full description of the problems you are facing which is basically that you can’t share post to story on Instagram.
Note: Mention the device you are currently using as well as what operating system it is running inside the description.
- Finally, click on Submit button at the top and your report will be sent to the Instagram team.
Wait patiently as the Instagram team is also busy but they will respond to you after they have checked your account and most probably they will reply back saying that your issue has been fixed.
We have mentioned what are the causes behind the Can’t Share Post to Story on Instagram along with the potential fixes to this problem as well.
Make sure to follow each and every step carefully and we are sure that your issue will be solved.
Share this article with other Instagram users who might be facing this Can’t Share Post to Story issue and help them.