Are you facing the issue where you Cannot log in to Disney Plus and want a solution to it?
Disney Plus is a streaming service started by The Walt Disney Company and you get cartoon shows as well as all the Disney movies on this platform.
We already know that millions of fans love the Disney Plus platform but there is a common issue that has been bothering a lot of users around the world.
This is the issue where they cannot log in to Disney Plus and it is an issue caused by Disney’s Servers. However, we have seen that the issue could also occur due to your device errors or if there is an update available.
In this article, we have decided to give you the best solutions to fix the Cannot Log In to Disney Plus issue and we are sure that they will work for you as well.
Table of Contents
How to Fix Cannot Log In to Disney Plus issue?
As we mentioned earlier, the primary reason behind the Cannot Log in to Disney Plus issue is that the Disney servers are having trouble.
So, we will start from that troubleshooting step and work our way through all the other steps and see which one works.
1. Check Disney Plus Servers
Disney Plus is an online streaming platform which means that it has its servers located all around the world.
Due to that reason, it is possible that the Disney Plus servers are not working properly due to any technical fault.
Therefore, we need to check first if the Disney Plus Servers are working fine or not before doing anything else.
- To check Disney Plus servers, we will need to go to DownDetector.com
- On this website, there is a dedicated Disney Plus Server Status page that can be visited from here.
- From this page, you will come to know if Disney Plus Servers are working fine or not.
If the website shows that Disney Plus “users indicate possible problems” then it means that the Disney Plus servers are having issues and you need to wait for the servers to come back online.
2. Verify your Disney Plus Credentials
Since we have already checked the Disney Plus Servers and know that they are working fine, we will now check the Disney Plus Login Credentials to see if they are correct or not.
A lot of the time, we have seen users who have entered the wrong username or password and they cannot log in to Disney plus.
This is the reason why we always recommend everyone to double-check the password they are entering because it could create issues while logging in.
In case, you are not sure about what your password was then you can proceed with the next troubleshooting step where you can change your password.
3. Change your Password
As we mentioned earlier, if you are unsure about your login credentials then you can change your password and enter the new password so that your login issues can be solved.
To change your Disney Plus password, follow these steps:
- Open your browser of choice and go to Disney Plus’ login page.
- Enter your email address and press Continue.
- Select Forgot Password and access your email.
- Open the mail sent by Disney+ and follow the instructions to reset your password.
4. Sign out Disney+ on all devices
The next thing you need to do is sign out all devices out of the Disney+ platform in order to reset all your devices and make sure that you enter each of your devices again.
Another advantage of this step is to make sure that there are no devices added to your Disney+ account that are not recognized by you.
To sign out all your devices out of Disney+, follow these steps:
- Open your Disney Plus account by logging in to your account from its login page.
- After that, click on the Profile and then click on Account.
- Click on Log Out of All Devices in order to log out of Disney+ from all your devices.
Once these steps are performed, you can wait for a few minutes and then log in to each of your devices with the Disney+ login credentials.
5. Check your Internet Connection
It is also possible that your internet is not working properly and it could well be the reason why you Cannot log in to Disney Plus.
In order to check if your internet connection is working fine or not, just follow these steps:
- Go to Fast.com which is a website where you can check your internet speed.
- On this website, check your internet speeds and make sure that they are above 5Mbps in order for Disney Plus to work fine.
- If you notice that the internet speeds you are getting are not what you subscribed for then tell your Internet Service Provider about the same and file a complaint.
6. Clear browser cache and cookies
There are temporary cache and cookie issues that could be giving you issues with Disney Plus login so we should try and clear the cache and cookies of our browser as well.
If you are using Disney Plus from your web browser, you should clear your browser’s cache and cookies every few months.
In order to clear your browser’s cache and cookies, follow these steps:
- Open your preferred web browser and click on Options.
- Now, select Settings and then click on Privacy and Security.
- Click on Clear browsing data and then click on Clear Data.
Now, once the cache and cookies of your browser are cleared, close the browser window and restart the browser and go to Disney Plus and see if the login issues are fixed.
7. Clear Disney Plus App’s Cache and Data on Android
As we mentioned earlier, the Disney Plus website stores temporary cache and data on your browser and it does the same on your Android and iOS phones as well.
Since we can’t clear cache and data on iPhones but we can do that on Android devices, we will do the same.
To clear the Disney Plus app’s cache and data on Android devices, follow these steps:
- Open Settings on your Android device and go to the Apps tab.
- Click on Disney+ and open the Storage tab.
- Tap on Clear Data and remove all the Disney Plus app’s data.
- Click on Clear Cache as well to remove the temporary cache files that could be causing problems.
Once you have removed the cache and data files, restart the app and log in with your Disney Plus credentials to see if the issue is fixed or not.
8. Update the Disney Plus app
In order to ensure that there are no problems with the Disney Plus app, you need to keep it updated.
The app developers over at Disney Plus are working very hard to fix bugs and bring new features to the app.
So it is recommended to update the app as soon as a new one is available.
To update the Disney Plus app, follow these steps:
- Go to Google Play Store or App Store and search for the Disney Plus app.
- Now, check if there is any update available for the app and if there is an update available, click on the Update button to download and install the update.
- Once the app is updated, open it and log in with your account credentials to see if the issue is fixed or not.
9. Reinstall the Disney Plus app
Since you can’t clear the data and cache on iPhones, the best possible way to fix temporary cache issues for iOS devices is to uninstall the app and reinstall it.
We are going to do the same for the Disney Plus app and this is not only for iPhones but for Android devices as well.
To reinstall the Disney Plus app, do the following:
- Locate the Disney Plus app in your app drawer and long-press on it and you will get a list of options.
- Click on Uninstall or Delete App in order to remove the app from your device.
- Once the app is removed, go to Google Play Store or App Store and search for Disney+ and then install the app to your device.
- After the installation is complete, open the app and try to log in with your credentials, and see if the issue is fixed or not.
10. Contact Disney Plus Support
If you are not able to find a solution and you still cannot log in to Disney Plus after trying all the methods listed above, you need to contact Disney Plus Support.
- In order to contact Disney Plus Support, go to this link which will take you to their Customer Support Center.
- On this portal, provide all the necessary information regarding your account and the type of error you are facing.
- A Disney Plus Support executive will guide you through the steps you need to take in order to fix your problems.
In this article, we have mentioned all the possible ways in which you can fix the Cannot Log In to Disney Plus issue.
Share your thoughts about our troubleshooting steps in the comments below and let us know which step helped you fix the problem.
Make sure to share this article with your friends who are using Disney Plus and have trouble logging in so that they can fix their problems as well.