If you are facing the issue of Disney Plus not loading or you keep seeing the “Something went wrong” error message?
Well, we know that Disney Plus has become one of the favourite streaming services for everyone out there because of its variety of content.
However, when you invite your friends over to your house for a binge-watching party and you keep getting the “Something went wrong” error message or Disney Plus not loading issue then we know you want to just burn your device down.
This is how it looks when your Disney Plus is stuck loading the content you want to watch:
Also, we have seen people complaint about the “Oh no. Something went wrong” error message as well and here is how it looks like:
You might also get the occasional “Unable to connect to Disney+” error message as well.
We know that this can be very frustrating especially when you have someone or a group of people come over and then you end up seeing these errors.
In this article, we are going to show you the 12 Ways in which you can fix the Disney Plus not loading and the “Something went wrong” error message on Disney Plus so that you don’t see these errors ever again.
Table of Contents
How to Fix Disney Plus Not Loading and “Something Went Wrong” error message on Disney+
Here are the best ways in which you can get rid of the Disney Plus not loading issue as well as the “Something Went Wrong” error message on Disney+ so follow along and make sure to try them out on your own device.
1. Check Disney Plus Server Status
The first thing you can do whenever you get the “Something went wrong” error message or you see the dreaded Disney Plus not loading issue is to check the server status of Disney+.
It is possible that Disney+ servers are down and you keep trying to connect to them.
While you can be assured that Disney+ engineers are already trying to get the servers back online, you should know that there is nothing you can do on your end at that time other than checking the server status.
- In order to check the Disney+ server status, go to DownDetector.com and they have a dedicated Disney+ server page which can be found from this link.
If the servers are working fine then you can proceed to try other solutions mentioned below.
If the website says that Disney+ servers are having issues, there is nothing you can do other than waiting so wait it out and do something else until the servers are back online.
2. Try watching another show
If you are facing issue on Disney+ watching a show such as “The Mandalorians” or something else, it is possible that the particular show might be having issues of some sort.
Instead, what you need to do is switch to another show such as “The Avengers” and see if that particular show is working or not.
This will tell you if the problem is isolated to the whole platform or the issue is with only one show or web series.
If other shows load on the platform, this is a clear sign that the Disney+ servers are working fine and you might be having issues with one show.
3. Check if your device is supported
It is possible that you are trying to access Disney+ from a device that is not supported which means that the platform is rejecting your device from getting access.
In order to check if your device is supported or not, you can go to this article written by Disney+ team and confirm if Disney+ supports your type of device or not.
If you see that your device or browser is not supported, the only option is switch to a supported device or change your browser in order to enjoy the Disney+ content on your device.
4. Lower the streaming quality
If you are still facing issues such as Disney Plus not loading on your device or “Something went wrong” error then you might want to check your internet connection as well.
It is possible that the speeds of your internet connection are lower right now which is why the Disney Plus content keeps loading as enough data is not getting transmitted.
One option you have is to try and switch to lower streaming quality which means that it will work even on slower internet connection.
To change the playback quality on Disney Plus, follow these steps:
- Open the Disney Plus app on your device and tap on your Avatar.
- Now, access the App Settings and open the WiFi usage tab.
- Change the Settings to Save Data. Now, go back to previous page and do the same for Cellular Data Usage as well.
Also, you can do this for your downloads as well where your downloads will use a lower quality and save data in the process.
- Under the Downloads tab, tap on Video Quality and lower the download quality to Medium or Standard and close the window.
Now, whenever you load any content or even download any type of movie or TV show, your internet connection will not be a problem as we have lowered the streaming and downloading quality for both.
5. Login to your Disney Plus account again.
It is possible that your Disney+ account might be having issues at the moment so we would also suggest you to log out of your Disney Plus account right now.
After that, you can log in back to your Disney+ account and see if everything is sorted out or not.
- For Android and iOS devices, you can log out of your Disney+ account by going to your app’s home screen and clicking on Avatar from the bottom navigation bar.
- After that, click on Log Out button to sign out.
- On Windows or macOS, you can access the Disney Plus website from any browser and go to its homepage.
- From here, you need to click on your Avatar at the top-right corner and just click on Log Out.
Once you have logged out of your account, you can wait for a few minutes and even restart your device and then access the Disney Plus app or website again and then log in with your account credentials and check if everything is resolved now.
6. Check your Internet Connection
While we have checked everything from Disney Plus servers to even logging out and logging back in again, we need to check our internet connection as well.
You might be thinking that your internet connection is working fine but that is not always the case.
In order to check if your internet connection is working as expected or even working at all, you need to follow these steps:
- Go to Fast.com from your Mobile or PC and then click on Scan to get the internet speed results.
If you are getting less than 5Mbps of internet speed then it is disappointing to note that Disney Plus will not be loading on your internet speeds.
Because the minimum requirements for the Disney Plus app are 5Mbps or higher which means you need to upgrade your internet speeds.
On the other hand, to watch 4K content on Disney+, you need to have more than 25Mbps of internet speed so watch such type of content only if you have that type of internet connection.
If your internet connection is not working, you can turn off your Wireless router and unplug your power supply and then wait for a few minutes.
After that, switch back the power supply to your router and restart it in order to power cycle your router and get back your internet connection in a working state.
7. Clean your browser cache and cookies
If you are using Disney Plus on a browser then it is best practice to clean your browser cache and cookies.
This is because all the browsers store cache and cookie memory inside them in order to load that website faster the next time you visit it.
However, the problem is that sometimes the stored cache and cookies can be a headache as well due to some infected files being inside them.
In order to clean your browser cache and cookies, you need to follow these steps:
- Launch your browser such as Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge and then go to its Settings.
- After that, scroll down to Privacy and Security and then click on Clear browsing data.
- Finally, click on the Clear Data button at the bottom and all your browser cache and cookies will be cleared.
8. Reconfirm your billing account details
If you feel that your Disney Plus not loading issue could be linked to your account bills not being cleared then it could very well be the reason.
So we would suggest you to check if it is the case by reconfirming your billing account details which can be found inside the Disney Plus app.
To confirm your billing details, follow these steps:
- Open your Disney Plus app and tap on your Avatar and then click on Account.
- Now, under Subscription, choose your type of subscription and tap on it.
- On the next page, you can confirm your subscription details and it will show you when you were last billed as well as the next billing details too.
- If you need to change the payment method, you can click on Change as well.
9. Update your Disney Plus app
As you might already know, Disney Plus is an app which is new to the market and due to that reason, its developers are hard at work in updating the app and making the experience more pleasant for everyone.
Due to that reason, we know that Disney Plus app gets a lot of updates and that means you need to keep your Disney Plus app updated as well.
One thing to note here is that the Disney Plus app can be updated from either the Google Play Store or the App Store while the website gets updated automatically and there is no need to update it as its updates are done on server-side and not client-side.
If you are using an Android or iOS device, you can update your Disney Plus by following these steps:
- On your device, open your respective App Store which can be Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Inside the app store, go to the Disney Plus listing or see the list of installed apps on your device.
- From here, you can see the apps for which updates are available.
- Make sure to update them all and also check if the Disney Plus app has an update available or not.
Once the Disney Plus app is updated, open it on your device and see if the Disney Plus not loading issue or “Something Went Wrong” error message went away or not.
10. Clear your Disney Plus app cache and data
As we mentioned about clearing the cookies and cache for your web browsers, the same can be done for your Android devices as well.
Sadly, this can’t be done for iOS devices as Apple does not give you the ability to clear cache and data for your apps.
For Android devices, you can clear the cache and data of any app in the following manner:
- Open the Settings on your Android device and go to Apps & notifications.
- Now, select the Disney+ app from the list and open it.
- Click on Storage & Cache and then click on Clear Cache.
- Also, click on Clear Storage and this is how you can clear both the cache and storage for your Android device.
11. Reinstall Disney Plus app
As we mentioned earlier, clearing cache and data is not possible for iOS device but we do have a solution for iOS users as well.
On your iOS device, what you can do is uninstall the Disney Plus app and reinstall it to make sure that its data and cache are cleared.
- For that, just long-press your Disney+ app and click on Delete app and then confirm your selection.
- After that, go to your App Store and search for Disney+ and then click on Get to install the app to your phone.
- Once that is done, open the Disney+ app on your iOS device and log in with your account credentials and all your problems should be gone now.
12. Contact Disney Plus support
While we have tried each and every possible solution out there to get rid of Disney Plus not loading issue and also the “Something went wrong” error message, we do have one last solution as well.
This solution is to contact the app developers themselves because they are the best people who can guide us on how to fix these issues.
In order to contact Disney Plus support, you will need to follow these steps:
- First of all, go to Disney+ support centre from this link and then click for a mode of contact from either Live Chat or Phone.
- After that, you just have to explain your problem to the team at Disney+ and they will guide with each step you need to take to solve the problem.
If you are on Twitter, you can also contact Disney Plus support from their official twitter account from this handle @DisneyPlusHelp.
Looks like everything is streaming normally now! If you have any questions please see: https://t.co/KExSsI1B94
— Disney+ Help (@DisneyPlusHelp) January 24, 2021
Just visit this twitter handle and DM your issue and they will respond to you as soon as possible with a solution.
Disney Plus is a great platform for everyone to watch content as it has shows for kids, adults as well as the older generation too.
However, the Disney Plus not loading and “Something went wrong” errors can be annoying and due to that reason, we have fixed them for you in this article.
Make sure to try each and every solution we have mentioned above and we are sure one of them will help you get rid of these issues.
Also, share this article with your friends and family who have subscribed to Disney+ and are facing any of the issues mentioned above.