Are you facing the problem of Facebook Images not loading on your PC or Smartphone when you are scrolling your feed?
If you are then we have a few solutions for this issue in this article down below which should help you fix the problem.
Facebook is a social media platform that has been around for more than a decade now but we know that it is ever popular because of its features and the audience it has gathered.
However, there are a few problems while using Facebook that its users are fed up with and one such issue is the Facebook Images not loading problem.
In this article, we are going to troubleshoot the Facebook Images not loading issue and also give you a few actionable steps in which you can address this problem.
Table of Contents
How to Fix Facebook Images Not Loading issue?
1. Check Internet Connection
One of the major reasons why people face the issue of Facebook Images not loading is because of their poor internet connection.
We have seen Facebook users complaining about the platform while the fault lies in their own network connection.
In order to make sure that the problem is not on your end, check your internet connection and see if it is working fine or not.
- To check your Internet Connection, go to Fast.com and the website will start checking your internet speeds.
- Once you get the results, check if the speeds are fine and also make sure that your speeds are stable.
- Also, we recommend you switch to a WiFi connection if you are using mobile data and facing the problem of Facebook Images not loading.
2. Admin Removed the Picture
If you are trying to view an image on Facebook and if it is inside a Facebook Group then chances are that the administrator of the group has removed the picture which is why it is not loading.
This could be due to the image going against the rules of the group or it could be sensitive content that is not appropriate for the group.
3. Check Facebook’s Server Status
If you have found out that your internet is working fine and no admin has removed the images you are looking for or if the Facebook Images not loading issue happens across the platform then you should check if the Facebook Servers are working fine or not.
- In order to check Facebook Server Status, go to DownDetector.com and search Facebook or visit this direct link to check Facebook’s server status.
If the Facebook servers are down then you need to wait for the servers to come back online and the issue of Facebook Images not loading will be resolved on its own.
4. Update the Facebook App
If the Facebook Servers are also working fine then you need to check if there is an update available for the Facebook app on your mobile.
In some cases, there is a pending update for the Facebook app which is meant to solve bug fixes or issues on the platform.
But since you haven’t updated the app, the fixes are not available on your device.
To update the Facebook app, follow these steps:
- Go to Google Play Store or Apple App Store and search for Facebook.
- Once the app is found, check if there is any update available for the app.
- If you see an Update button next to the app listing, click on it and update the app as soon as possible.
5. Try the Facebook Lite app
Facebook released a Facebook Lite app for low-end Android devices that do not have the resources to handle the heavy native Facebook app.
If you are facing the problem of Facebook Images not loading on the main Facebook app then you can download the Facebook Lite app available on Google Play Store.
To download the Facebook Lite app, follow these steps:
- Open Google Play Store on Android or go to this link and download the Facebook Lite app.
- Once you have downloaded and installed the app on your phone, open the app and log in with your account credentials.
- Now, try and load images available on your feed and make sure that the Facebook Images not loading issue is resolved.
6. Clear the Facebook App’s Cache and Data
It is possible that the temporary cache and data files of the Facebook app are causing glitches in the app’s functioning.
So we recommend you clear the Facebook app’s cache and data files in order to make the app work properly.
For that, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to Settings on your phone and click on Apps & Notifications.
- Now, search for Facebook from the list of apps installed and click on it.
- Go to Storage & Cache Menu and click on Clear Cache to clear all the temporary cache files.
- Also, click on Clear storage in order to clear the storage files as well.
This should solve your Facebook Images not loading issue if it is caused by temporary cache files.
7. Open Facebook in a browser
If you are having troubles with the Facebook app on your device and you already have a web browser such as Google Chrome on your device then you should open the Facebook.com website on your web browser.
This will negate the problems that you might be having with the Facebook app and your website will reload every few minutes so the content you are seeing will not be outdated as well.
8. Flush DNS Cache
If you are using Facebook on your Windows PC then there is one more thing you can do which is to flush the DNS cache of your device.
This is done to make sure that there are no temporary DNS caching issues on your device that are causing troubles for Facebook.
To flush the DNS cache on Windows, follow these steps:
- Launch Command Prompt as an administrator or press Windows + S and then type “cmd” and then click on Run as administrator.
- Once the CMD window is opened, paste the following line in your terminal window:
ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew ipconfig /flushdns
- Make sure to enter these three lines one by one and press Enter after each line.
- Now, you will see a message saying that your DNS cache has been flushed.
- Exit the CMD window and make sure to restart your PC for DNS changes to take effect.
Now, open the Facebook app on your Windows PC or load Facebook.com on your web browser and see if the Facebook Images are loading properly or not.
In this article, we have mentioned all the 8 Ways to Fix the Facebook Images not loading issue and we can assure you that one of these troubleshooting steps will definitely help you fix the problem.
Make sure to try each and every step mentioned in this article and see which one works for you.
Also, let us know in the comments below which step solved your issue.
Share this article with your friends and family as well to solve their Facebook Images not loading issue.