Are you facing Hulu Error Code 2(-998) and 2(-975)? Well, these are some of the most common errors that Hulu users can face.
Users can often encounter errors on Hulu while streaming content on the platform. These errors are nothing critical, but yes, they can interrupt the streaming experience of the users.
Hulu Error Code 2(-998) and 2(-975) are the two most common errors that you can encounter when you are streaming content on Hulu.
However, if you encounter these errors, then you need not worry about them. In this article, we will be discussing how you can fix Hulu Error Code 2(-998) and 2(-975).
Table of Contents
Fix Hulu Error Code 2(-998) and 2(-975)
Force Stop The App
The very first thing that you can do is force stop the app.
Force stopping the app many times fixes the error that you were facing with Hulu.
This will only work if you are using the Hulu application to stream content.
To force stop the app on an Android phone/tablet, follow the steps given below.
- Head to the app drawer of your phone, and then tap and hold the Hulu app.
- Now you will see the app info option. Tap on it, and open it. Now in the app info, you will see an option to Force Stop the app.
- Tap on the Force Stop and confirm it by tapping on yes. After you have forced stop the app, restart the app and check whether it works or not.
In case, you are using an Android TV, and want to force stop the application on your Android TV, then you can follow the steps given below-
- Open the settings of your TV.
- Now in the settings, head to the applications section.
- In the application section, select Hulu, and then select Force Stop. This will terminate the app, and when you relaunch it, you will no longer face the problem.
Restart Your Device
Many times restarting the device you are using for streaming content can also solve Hulu Error Code 2(-998) and 2(-975).
Restart your television, tablet, phone, or whatever device you are using, and check whether it solves the problem or not.
If it does not solve the problem, then you can move to the next step.
Check For Updates Of Hulu App
Many times, you might face these errors when your app is outdated. To fix this, all you have to do is update the application.
If you want to update the Hulu application on your Android device, then you can follow the steps given below-
- Open the Play Store, and then search for the Hulu application.
- In the search result, open the Hulu app, and then tap on the update option that you see.
- Once your app is updated, relaunch the app and check whether the issue is solved or not.
If you are using an iOS device such as an iPad or iPhone, and want to update your application on that, then follow the steps given below-
- Head to Apple App Store.
- In the App Store, search for Hulu.
- Open the Hulu from the search result, and tap on update.
- After the app is updated, relaunch the app and your issue will be fixed.
Read Also: How to Fix Hulu Error Code P-DEV302
Clear The Cache Of The Application
If you are still facing the issue, then you can try clearing the cache of the application.
The accumulated cache may contain corrupted data, which may interrupt you from using the app.
Clearing the cached data which is accumulated on the application, may solve the problem many times.
You can easily clear the cache on any Android device you are using. To, clear the cache on your Android device, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Settings of your device.
- Now head to the apps/applications section in the settings.
- In the apps section, tap on Hulu.
- You will see the clear cache option. If not, then tap on Storage on the same page, and you will see the clear cache option.
- Tap on clear cache and confirm. This will clear the cache of the application.
The process of clearing the cache is the same as above for any Android TV you are using. However, if you are using Apple TV, then you won’t find an option to clear the cache.
If you are using iPhone or iPad, there won’t be any option to clear the cache on the same. However, you can reinstall the application on the device.
If you are streaming the content on the browser, then you can clear the cache of your browser.
You will get the option to clear the cache on your browser from where you clear the history on your browser.
Reinstall The Application
The very next thing that you can try doing is reinstall the Hulu application. Reinstalling the application can also fix the issue, but do note that, all your app data will be removed.
Tap and hold the Hulu application, and then tap on uninstall to uninstall the app. To install the application, head to the app store or your device (PlayStore for Android and Apple App Store for iOS), and search for the Hulu application.
Install it, and login back into your account. You will be able to stream content without any problem.
In case, you were streaming content from the browser, then you can try changing the browser, and check whether the Hulu Error Code 2(-998) and 2(-975) persists or not.
Contact Hulu Support Team
If any of the above methods didn’t fix the Hulu Error Code 2(-998) and 2(-975), then you should try contacting the support team of Hulu.
You can contact the Hulu support team from here.
Follow this article: How to Fix Hulu Error Code 500, 502, 503, and 406
That’s how you can fix both the Hulu Error Code 2(-998) and 2(-975). We hope you find the article helpful.
If any of the methods didn’t work, then the last option will be to contact the Hulu support team.
You can contact the Hulu contact team from the contact page given above.