When it comes to streaming content online, Hulu is the one-stop solution offering content streaming online in the USA.
It probably is one of the best content streaming platforms available online that users can prefer going for.
However, as big as the platform is, there are certain errors that you can face while streaming content on the platform. One such error is Hulu Error code P-DEV302.
Hulu error code P-DEV302 is one of the most common errors that users can encounter on the platform. Users have reported this error while streaming content on their Vizio Smart TV.
This error most commonly occurs to users when streaming content on their Vizio Smart TV.
It’s not just that the Vizio Smart TV owner can face the error, but people streaming content from Hulu on their computer, phone or any other device can encounter this error as well.
If you are facing Hulu Error Code P-DEV302, which for sure is interrupting your streaming experience on Hulu, then this article will help you out with solving the error.
In this article, we will be discussing how you can fix Hulu Error code P-DEV302.
Table of Contents
Fix Hulu Error Code P-DEV302
Check You Are Not Streaming When The Server Is Down
Generally, this error is encountered, when you are trying to stream content when the server of Hulu is down.
Many times due to certain technical issues or due to high traffic experienced by Hulu, the server may go down for some time.
This is when users can encounter errors like P-DEV302.
Must Read: How to Fix Hulu Error Code P-DEV322
If you are facing Hulu error code P-DEV302, then chances are that it is most probably because the server of Hulu is down.
When the server of Hulu is down, you will get an update about it on their social media handle.
However, if the server of Hulu is not down, and you are still facing the error, then you should move to the step ahead.
Check With Your Internet Connection
The very next thing that you can do is check your internet connection. Ensure whether you are running on a stable internet connection or not.
If not due to the server problem, then you might encounter this error because of a slow internet connection.
You should try checking whether you are on a stable internet connection or not. If you are connected to a Wi-Fi router, then try checking the speed of your internet through fast.com.
Check whether the speed is good or not. If the speed is good, and you are facing a problem, then you can try using the wired connection instead of the Wi-Fi.
Also Read: [Solved] How to Fix Hulu Error Code P-DEV318
However, if the internet is not stable, then you can try contacting your ISP to fix the problem. Your internet may be down because of some problem in your area or due to some other reasons.
After the speed of the internet is up again, you can try running the application again, and check if the issue is solved or not.
Restarting Your Device
If the server is up, and your internet speed is good, but you are still facing the problem, then you can try restarting your device.
Many times, such errors are encountered because of temporary bugs in your system. These temporary bugs can easily be fixed when you restart your device.
Users have reported that restarting their device, did fix the issue. So, if you are also facing the issue, then you can try restarting your device.
After restarting, try running the application, and check if it solves the issue or not.
Update The Hulu Application
Hulu error code P-DEV302 can be encountered if you are running an older or outdated application to stream the content. If the error occurred due to this reason, then you may try updating the Hulu application.
Try updating the application, and check if it solved the problem or not. To update the Hulu application, follow the steps given below-
- Head to the PlayStore (for Android), Apple App Store (for iOS), or any other application store for the device you are using.
- Now, search for the Hulu application.
- You will see an update option right beside the Hulu application, which indicates that an updated version of the app is available.
- Click on the update option to update the Hulu application.
- Once the Hulu application is updated, try running the app and check whether the issue is solved or not.
Clear The Cache
The very next thing that you can try doing is clear the cache of the Hulu application. Cache accumulated on the system can also cause such errors.
If that is the case, then you can clear the cache of Hulu and check if it works or not.
To clear the cache of Hulu on an Android device, follow the steps given below-
- Head to the settings of your phone.
- Now in the settings, head to the Apps section.
- Here you will see a list of applications on your device. Search for the Hulu application, and tap on it.
- Now you will see the clear data/clear cache option. If the clear cache option is not available then tap on the storage option on the same screen, and you will see the clear cache option.
- Tap on clear cache and confirm it to clear the cache of the Hulu application. After clearing the cache, try running the application again, and check whether the issue is solved or not.
The process for clearing the cache is the same for all Android devices and various Smart TVs. However, if you are using Apple TV or any iOS device (iPad or iPhone), then there won’t be any option to clear the cache on either of them.
So, to clear the cache on these devices, you will have to reinstall the application.
If you are using a browser, you will have to clear the cache of your browser. You can either clear the cache of the browse from the place where you clear its history.
Reinstalling The Application
If clearing the cache didn’t solve the problem for you, then you may try reinstalling the application. This solves any temporary bug with the application.
- Uninstall the application first, then head to the application store of the device you are using.
- Now search for the Hulu application, and install it.
- After you install the application, you will have to login back into your account.
- After reinstalling the application and logging in back to your account, try running the application, and check if its fixes the Hulu error code P-DEV302 or not.
Reset The Vizio Smart TV
This step is only for Vizio Smart TV. If you are still facing the error on your Vizio Smart TV even after trying the above methods, then you should try resetting your TV.
Resetting the TV is the last option then.
To restart the Vizion Smart TV, follow the steps given below-
- Press the menu button that you will find on your remote.
- Now in the menu, head to the system and then press the OK button.
- Then select the reset & admin option and select OK.
- Here you will get the option to reset the TV to the factory settings. Select the option and confirm to reset the TV.
After resetting the TV, install the Hulu app, and log in with your account. This will fix the error that you were facing earlier.
That’s how you can fix the Hulu error code P-DEV302. We hope you find this article helpful. If you do, then do let us know in the comment section.