If you are facing the issues of Peacock TV buffering, not working or not loading then you are at the right place.
Because in this article, we are going to fix all the Peacock TV loading problems as well as tell you why might occur in the first place.
But before that, we must give you a brief introduction about Peacock TV as well.
It is worth noting that Peacock TV is a OTT (over-the-top media platform) from NBC Universal.
Peacock TV is the place where you can watch plenty of exclusive peacock original shows as well as classic NBC shows so if you are fan of them then you should subscribe to it right away.
Peacock TV is designed nicely as well but the problem is that it does not come without its issues. There are problems with Peacock TV such as buffering, not working or not loading.
When there is a delay in transmission of packets from server to client-side, there is buffering and the same happens with Peacock TV a lot of the time.
There are various kinds of issues that users have reported with Peacock TV including the one which has been shared below which says “Something’s not right” and comes with its own error code as well.
There is also a “Something went wrong. The page you requested could not be found” error on Peacock TV and the only good thing about this error is that it has a very cute cat picture on its error page which might melt someone’s heart.
Now, as we mentioned earlier, there are a variety of issues with Peacock TV while watching your favourite TV shows such as The Office and movies such as Harry Potter.
For that reason, we have decided to fix all of these issues once and for all and we are going to give the solutions to you in this article.
Table of Contents
How to fix Peacock TV buffering, not working or loading issue
There are a few thing you need to check in order to fix the Peacock TV issues and we are going to tell them to you in this article down below.
1. Check Peacock TV Server status
The first thing that needs to be done when you face Peacock TV buffering, not working or loading issue is to check Peacock TV server status.
Basically, you need to check if other users are facing issues with Peacock TV and if its servers are online and working or not.
If Peacock TV’s servers are down, you will not be able to do anything other than waiting for when the servers are back online.
To check Peacock TV’s server status, follow these steps:
- Go to DownDetector.com and open this link on your device.
- The website already has a dedicated page for Peacock TV which gives you a live update about its server status.
- If the website says there are no problems with the service and it is not working at your end then you need to troubleshoot further.
If the website shows that there are issues at Peacock TV then you just need to wait patiently and everything will start working
There is also a service called ServicesDown.com which does the same thing of checking if the Peacock TV servers are down or not.
You just need to go to this link and check if the servers are working or not and then you can know if there are issues or not.
2. Check Number of devices connected to Peacock TV
Another thing that needs to be checked whenever you are facing issues with Peacock TV is to see how many devices are connected to your account.
As you might already know, streaming services including Peacock TV limit the number of devices that can be connected to an account as well as the number of devices that can be streaming at the same time.
As a matter of fact, Peacock TV allows 6 profiles to be created per account and it allows a maximum of 3 concurrent streams to be played for each account on the platform.
This means you might get an error if there are 4 or more concurrent devices trying to stream from the same account on Peacock TV.
To remove all your devices from Peacock TV account and then add them later, you can do the following:
- Go to Peacock TV account page from here and select the Devices tab.
- Under Other Devices, click Sign Out All and click Sign Out All Devices to remove each and every device from your account.
Now, you can sign in to each device one by one and make sure they don’t exceed the quota of 6 devices.
In this way, you can know which devices are connected to your account so that no unnecessary device gets access to your personal account.
3. Restart Peacock TV app or refresh the website
The next thing you can try is to restart the Peacock TV app or refresh the website when it is not working to try and get it to work once again.
If you are using a web browser to stream Peacock TV, you need to refresh the browser by pressing F5 to load the page again.
It is seen that many a times, a simple refresh can do the trick and the Peacock TV buffering or not working issue can be gone.
If you are using the Peacock TV app then close the app and clear it from Recents and then open the app once again to remove any temporary caching issues that might have crept into the system.
4. Restart your streaming device
In order to remove any issues that might have entered your Peacock TV app or website or if there is a problem with your streaming device, you can try and restart them in order to remove those issues.
For example, if you are using an Android or iOS device to watch Peacock TV then you can restart your phones by switching them off and then turning them on once again.
In case you are using a PC or TV or any other streaming device, you can shut down the device and remove the power supply and then switch on the device once again to power cycle it and make sure all the blemishes are gone.
5. Update Peacock TV app
As we mentioned earlier, Peacock TV is a comparatively new platform and for that reason, the developers at the company are hard at work to make the platform the best they can.
For that reason, developers push as many Peacock TV updates as possible in order to remove bugs from its app and ensure that the experience remains smooth.
Due to that, users of the Peacock TV app need to keep it updated as well so that the latest feature updates and bug fixes are installed on your device as soon as possible.
- To check if your Peacock TV app is up-to-date or not, go to your respective app store such as Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Then check if there is any update available for any of your apps including the Peacock TV app.
- If an update is available, don’t waste any time and just click on Update button to download and install the update to your phone as soon as possible.
Once the app is updated, open the app on your device and make sure that everything is working fine.
6. Check your Internet connection
If nothing is working so far, you need to check your internet connection to make sure that you are facing no issues with your connectivity.
To check your internet connection, follow these steps:
- Go to Fast.com and the website will automatically start getting your speed test results.
- Once you get the results, you will know if the internet speeds are fine or not.
- If your internet speed results are poor, it is possible that your ISP is having issues at their end.
In that case, what you can do is call up your internet service provider and tell them about the issue and that they need to fix it as soon as possible.
In case your internet is working fine, as per your internet service provider, but you are having issues then you can try the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:
- First of all, switch off your WiFi router and make sure to remove its plug from the wall outlet too.
- Then, wait for a few minutes and keep the plug removed from the wall outlet.
- After that, plug the socket to the wall outlet and restart your WiFi router and we have just done a power cycle of our WiFi router.
In this way, you can fix the internet issues as well. Just make sure that the Peacock TV website or app is now working fine or not.
7. Clear the Peacock TV app’s cache and storage files
In order to fix any temporary or permanent app cache and storage issues that you could be having, we recommend you to clear the cache and storage of your Peacock TV app.
But note that this is only possible on Android devices as clearing cache and storage on iPhone is not possible right now.
To clear your Peacock TV app’s cache and storage, follow these steps:
- Go to your Android phone’s Settings and then click on Apps & notifications.
- After that, find the Peacock TV app from the list and then open it.
- Go to Storage & cache and tap on it to open a new window.
- Now, click on Clear Storage and then click on Clear Cache to clear both of these files.
Once these storage and cache files are cleared, you can open the Peacock TV app once again and see if all the issues are fixed or not.
8. Delete your web browser cache
For those who are using their web browser to stream Peacock TV, we recommend you to delete your web browser cache in order to make sure that there are no cache file issues with the service.
To clear your web browser cache, follow these steps:
- Open your web browser such as Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge.
- Now, go to its Settings and then click on Privacy and security.
- After that, click on Clear browsing data and then click on Clear data.
- This will clear your web browser cache and remove all the browsing history.
Now, open the Peacock TV website and log in with your credentials to start streaming content of your choice and check if everything is working fine or not.
9. Uninstall Peacock TV app
As we mentioned earlier, clearing cache and data files is not possible for iPhones but we still need to remove cache issues that might be present on Peacock TV for iOS devices as well.
For that, we have the option to remove the app from our device and then install it back again.
- To do that, open your iPhone’s home screen and find the Peacock TV app.
- Tap on the app icon and long-press in order to open the quick settings.
- From the Settings, click on Delete app and follow on-screen instructions to remove the app from your device.
- Now, go to Apple App Store and search for Peacock TV app and install it on your device.
Once the app is installed, go to the app and login with your account credentials to start streaming content from it once again.
10. Make sure you are not streaming Peacock TV from an out-of-service region
While we have tried everything so far, it is possible that you are streaming Peacock TV from a location which belongs to an out-of-service region for the platform.
This is known as region-locking and it is something that most of the services that are not available worldwide implement on their platforms.
For example, Peacock TV is only available in the United States and certain US territories right now so any region other than becomes an out-of-service region.
Therefore, if you are accessing Peacock TV from Spain for example then you will get a “This service is unavailable in your region” error.
In order to check where Peacock TV is available so far, you can check this article.
11. Report the issue to Peacock TV support
If none of the fixes mentioned in this article have worked for you then you might have a issue with your account that is not ordinary.
In that case, you need to report the issue to Peacock TV support and they will be the best source for you to resolve your issues.
And the best way to get in touch with the Peacock TV support is from their own website and the steps are as follows:
- Go to Peacock TV Help Center website from this link and click on Chat Online option to start your troubleshooting.
- You can also Sign In with your account credentials to get a more personalized response based on your queries.
- There is a Peacock Helper Bot that will provide you a few categories to choose from.
- You can choose the Technical Assistance option and it will provide a few more options.
- From these options, choose Video Playback issue and the bot will give you more options.
- Now, select Fix slow loading or buffering and you will get a bunch of articles which will give you quick fixes for these issues.
- Note that these fixes are already mentioned in this article so you need to select No to the question of “Did this give you the help you needed?”
- After that, you will be provided the option to Start Over, Connect to a Live Agent, or End Chat.
- Choose Connect to a Live Agent option and tell them the issues you are facing and that no fix has worked for you so far.
After this, the live agent will check your account and tell you the exact problems you are facing and also the things you need to do to fix them.
In this article, we have mentioned the 11 Ways to fix the Peacock TV buffering, not working or loading issues and we are sure that these steps will fix the issue for you.
A bonus tip is that many users have said their Peacock TV buffering issues got fixed when they switched to Google Chrome browser from other browsers they were using.
So we recommend everyone to use the Google Chrome browser to get the best experience with Peacock TV.
Feel free to share this article with friends and family who are also facing Peacock TV buffering, not working or loading issues.