Discord for sure is one of the most preferred social media options that many people would like to go for.
But why is it so? Discord is quite popular amongst its users because of the privacy settings it provides.
Yes, Discord has various security and privacy settings to keep people off the spam. In terms of communication, Discord is just like any other social media allowing you to chat with people through text messages, calls, and video calls.
You can easily contact people with who you have added friends with whom you share a common server.
Many people use Discord daily to chat with users with who they have added friends or with whom they share the same server.
But what about chatting with people to who you have not added your friend? Many people are searching for a way to DM someone without being friends with them.
If you are also looking for the answer to the same question then we are here to help you with that. In this article, we will be discussing how you can DM someone without being friends with them.
Table of Contents
How To Message Someone On Discord?
You can easily message someone on Discord if they are your friend. To send a message to someone n Discord, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Discord, and ensure you are signed in to your account on Discord.
- Check your friend list on Discord.
- On your friend list, look out for the friend who you want to message.
- Click on the Message icon that you find right next to the profile of your friend who you want to message.
- Type the message, and press Enter to send the message to your friend on Discord.
How To DM Someone On Discord Without Being Friends?
Discord doesn’t allow messaging someone with who you are not friends. You can only message a person with who you are friends on Discord or with who you share the same server.
Many times you may want to DM someone who you just met while playing games and chatting with them, but you cannot do that.
Discord has various privacy options to prevent users from being spammed by someone random on the platform.
By default, their privacy option is set to scanning all messages and blocking DMs from unknown people.
So this simply means you cannot do that without being friends with anyone on Discord. However, if you want to send someone a DM without being friends with them, then you will have to tell them to keep their privacy settings to accept messages from anyone.
To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Click on the Gear icon that you see at the left bottom corner of the Discord app. This will open up the Settings
- In the Settings, head to the Privacy and Safety option that you will find just below the My Account
- You will see three privacy options here-
- Keep me safe-This scans messages from everyone and blocks most of the messages you get.
- My friends are nice- This setting scans messages from everyone except for the messages from your friend.
- I Live on the edge- If you turn this feature off, you will get messages from everyone, and the messages will not be scanned.
Ask the person you want to DM to turn on the I live on the edge privacy settings to get messages from you.
The simpler way would be to ask the person to add you as a friend and you can skip going through all of the above steps.
This is how you can DM someone on Discord without being friends with them. Discord has a lot of privacy options, and there’s no way you can get past that to message someone unless you are friends with them or unless you share the same server.
If you want to DM someone on Discord without being friends, then you should follow the steps given in this article.