The very first thing that you should do when your screen gets broken or when you face a blank screen on your phone is taking a backup of your phone.
However, the main obstacle that will prevent you from doing so will be enabling USB debugging.
It will be quite difficult to enable USB debugging on a phone with a blank screen or with a broken screen.
Worry not, in this article, we will be discussing how you can enable USB debugging on a phone with a blank screen. So let’s get started.
Table of Contents
Enabling USB Debugging Using A Mouse
If your phone has an unresponsive screen, then you can connect a mouse to your phone via OTG.
Given below are few steps to help you connect a mouse to your phone via the OTG and enable USB debugging.
- Connect your mouse to your phone via the OTG cable. Make sure you have the OTG cable with the same USB type.
- If your screen is blank, then try screen mirroring to your computer.
- Once you mirror your mobile screen to your PC, it will be quite easier for you to enable USB debugging.
- Go to the Settings, and then head to the developer options. In the developer options, find the USB debugging toggle and enable it.
- Once done, connect your phone to your PC via the USB cable, and ensure file transfer is on, to copy the files.
Enabling USB debugging On Your Phone Using ADB Tools
The next method to enable USB debugging on your phone is via using ADB tools. Follow the steps given below to enable USB debugging on your phone using ADB tools on your computer.
- First of all, you will have to download and install the ADB tool on your PC.
- Once you have downloaded and installed ADB tools on your PC, you will have to turn on ClockworkMod recovery. Boot the phone to recovery mode, by pressing the Power button + volume up combo.
- Once your phone is booted in recovery mode, launch the ADB tools, and connect your phone to your PC via the USB cable.
- Now run the command prompt, and type in the command line adb devices and you will see your device code which means the phone is connected.
- Next enter the command:
This will enable the USB debugging on your phone even if it has a blank screen.
Use Data Recovery Software
Now the most important part is to recover the data if you are not able to enable USB debugging on your phone.
You can do this with the help of USB data recovery software on your PC.
That’s how you can enable USB debugging on your phone even if the screen is unresponsive, or if you are suffering from a blank screen. Hope you didn’t find the methods too difficult, and that worked for you.