If you have just found out that you can’t log in to Instagram and that the platform is throwing you an error then don’t worry.
Because we have also experience the same situation as you and know exactly how it feels like.
As we all know, Instagram is used by millions of people and it is worth noting that it has become a lifestyle rather than just a casual platform.
So if you can’t log in to Instagram then we know that you will be frustrated and we are here to give you the solution to your problems.
Also, Instagram login errors are not new and people report of getting Instagram login issues all the time. So much so that we have had to create a separate section just to tell you about all the common errors thrown at you by Instagram while logging in.
Table of Contents
Most Common Instagram Login Errors
As we mentioned earlier, some of the Instagram login errors are more common than others and they are as follows:
- We can’t sign in to your account.
- An unknown network error has occured.
- We couldn’t connect to Instagram. Make sure you’re connected to Internet and try again.
- Error. We’re sorry, but something went wrong. Please try again.
- Sorry, there was a problem with your request.
- Sorry, this page isn’t available.
- Instagram username not found.
- The username you entered doesn’t belong to an account. Please check your username and try again.
- Incorrect/Wrong Username or Password.
- We detected an unusual login attempt.
If you also have a similar error to the ones mentioned above then you can rest assured that you are not alone and this error messages are thrown up on quite a lot of people.
However, the positive news is that we are here to share the solutions to fix the Can’t Log in to Instagram error down below.
How to Fix ‘Can’t Log in to Instagram’ error?
As we mentioned earlier, there are too many factors that affect the reason why you can’t log in to Instagram so there have to be multiple solutions as well.
That is the reason why we have provided you with 9 Ways to fix the can’t log in to Instagram error in this article.
1. Check your Login credentials.
The first thing you need to do when any of the Instagram error pops up while you are trying to log in is to check your login credentials.
It is possible that you have forgotten your Instagram username or password or there is a typo in the details that you have entered.
That might be the cause of your error message so make sure to double check the login credentials and if you can’t remember them then make sure to write them down somewhere.
2. Reset your Instagram account password
If you are not sure about your Instagram account’s password or you have lost it somewhere then you don’t need to worry as the platform allows you to reset your password in no time at all.
To reset your password, follow these steps:
- Open the Instagram app and your device and go to the login page.
- Here, check for a message saying “Get help with signing in” or “Forgot Password”.
- After that, enter your username or email id to recover your lost account.
- Tap on Next and Instagram will find the account associated with your username or email address.
- Once the account is found, you will get an email asking you to confirm your account where you can click on “reset your Instagram password”.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and create a new Instagram password and make sure to save it somewhere this time.
- After that, enter your new login credentials and sign in to Instagram and your error message should be gone now.
Alternatively, you can also use a temporary code also known as OTP or one-time password to log in to your Instagram account.
- So, make sure to follow the steps as mentioned above till Step 3 where you need to enter your username or email address.
- Here, you will see a tab where you can enter your phone number as well.
- Once you enter the phone number and tap Next, an OTP will be sent to your phone which you can enter in the field as shown.
- After entering the OTP, Instagram will verify that it is your account and let you log in to the account.
3. Check the Instagram server status
If you are confident that the problem is not with your login credentials or if you have reset your password and Instagram is still not letting you login then you need to check Instagram’s server status.
It could be possible that the platform itself is down and you are trying to log in to its servers which is not possible at all.
To check Instagram’s server status, follow these steps:
- Go to DownDetector.com and visit the dedicated Instagram server page on the website by going to this link.
- On the website, you will either see that Instagram has no issues currently or that Instagram is facing issues.
With this, you can determine if Instagram servers are down or not. If they are not working then rest assured that Facebook engineers should be already on it and they will be back up very soon.
4. Restart the Instagram app
If you are getting the Instagram error messages while trying to log in then it is possible that the issue might be a minor one.
Simply put, there are bugs inside the Instagram app that might not let you log in to Instagram for the first time.
So you need to restart the Instagram app and try to login again and see if it works or not.
To do that, first close the Instagram app and also clear it from the recents or force stop the app if needed.
After that, open the Instagram app and then enter your login credentials and see if the log in process gets smoothly done or not.
We have seen several users say that their Instagram login issues got fixed after they restarted their app.
5. Reboot your device
The next thing you need to do if restarting the Instagram app also did not work is to restart your device.
It is quite possible that there is a minor issue in your phone which can be fixed if you restart your device.
We have seen that a lot of apps which are not working properly start working when the device gets restarted.
- So, to restart your device, you need to long-press the Power button and there will be options listed on your screen.
- Select Restart from these options and your device will be restarted.
- On iOS, you can Slide to Power Off and then start the phone once again.
- Once the device boots up completely, you can open the Instagram app after a few seconds and try to log in with your account credentials.
If this method does not work then don’t worry as we have other methods to fix your Can’t Log in to Instagram problem as well.
6. Update the Instagram app
If you are using an outdated version of the Instagram app, it is quite possible that that is the reason why it is giving you an error message.
So, you need to update the Instagram app in order to get rid of this error message as the Facebook engineers would have ironed out the bugs in a new version of the app.
- To check if there is an update available for your Instagram app or not, go to your respective app store on iOS or Android.
- Check the Instagram listing by searching for the same and go to its page.
- Here, if there is an update available then you will see the Update button. Click on it and start updating the app.
- Once the app is updated, open the Instagram app and login with your account credentials.
7. Use a different device or web browser to log in to Instagram.
It is possible that the device you are trying to use for Instagram login has been either blacklisted or detected as suspicious which is the reason why Instagram’s servers are not letting you in.
In that case, you can try and use a different device which will have a different IP address or a MAC address.
This could be your laptop or PC or even a different mobile which is just to make sure that your Instagram login is working or not.
Use this device to open the Instagram app or the Instagram website on a web browser and enter your login credentials to see if it lets you log in or not.
If it does then you can know that your current device is having issues with Instagram login.
For that, you need to contact Instagram support and tell them the issue and they will help you resolve the issue.
To do this, follow Step 9 properly on how to contact Instagram support for further help.
8. Clear your Instagram app’s cache and data.
On Android, you have the ability to clear any app’s cache and data right from the Settings.
The same can be done for the Instagram app as well and we are going to do exactly that.
We are going to clear Instagram app’s cache and data with the steps mentioned below:
- Open Settings on your Android phone and tap on Apps & Notifications.
- Now, select Instagram from the list of Installed apps and tap on it.
- After that, click on Storage & Cache and start by clicking on Clear Cache and then you need to tap on Clear Data as well.
Once the cache and data are cleared from the Instagram app, you can try and log in to the app with your account credentials and we do believe it will work out this time.
For iOS users, you can simply delete the Instagram app from your phone and then install it back from the App Store and then log in with your account and it will definitely work this time.
9. Contact Instagram support.
Last but not the least, you can always contact Instagram support to tell them that you are facing issues with Instagram log in.
To contact Instagram support, you can visit this link from the Instagram help center and you will find all the helpful information about why you can’t log in to your Instagram account.
But if you want to talk to an Instagram employee directly then you can do so right from the app:
- Open the Login screen and search for Login help option.
- Select the username or email option and enter your email address.
- Now, tap on send mail option and you will receive a mail with a login link.
- Access the link, open Instagram and you will be able to log in without issues.
It is quite possible that you will not get a reply from Instagram support the first time you send them a mail as they get thousands of such emails on a daily basis.
So we suggest you to keep sending those emails until a reply comes from their side acknowledging the issue and then you can expect a follow up as well.
In this article, we have mentioned the best ways to fix the can’t log in to Instagram issue with the help of a step-by-step guide.
Make sure to follow this entire guide and you will be guaranteed to fix this Instagram login issue once and for all.
Also, feel free to share this article with your Instagram friends who are facing login issues as well so they can also get the much needed help.