SD card is one of the most convenient ways to store and transfer money. You can use the SD on your phones, camera, and various other devices.
But what if it got corrupted? Well, there are chances that you can fix the corrupted SD card on your Android device. In this article, we will be discussing the few signs to detect whether your SD card is corrupted or not, and ways to fix it.
Table of Contents
Signs Which Shows Whether Your SD Card Is Corrupted Or Not
Given below are few signs that indicated your SD card is corrupted.
- The files that are stored on your SD card are not readable.
- Your device does not recognize the SD card, then it may also indicate to corrupt SD card.
- Files are missing on your SD card.
- Error is encountered while reading/writing the SD card.
- You can error messages like Corrupted SD card or check your SD card before inserting it.
- When you insert an SD card, the read/write speeds becomes quite slow.
Fixing Corrupted SD card
If you encounter the above signs while using an SD card, then here are a few ways to fix a corrupted SD card.
Try Inserting The SD Card Into Any Other Device
You should try inserting the SD card into any other device. If the SD card is working on the other device that you insert the SD card in, then probably the SD card is not compatible with your device.
However, if the SD card is also not working on the other device, then you should try the methods mentioned in this article.
Also Read: How to rotate a video on Android
Format Your SD card
You can try formatting your SD card if it is corrupted. To format the SD card using your Android phone, follow the steps given below.
Know that formatting will mean deleting all the data on your SD card:
- Go to the settings of your Android phone, and then head to the storage section.
- Click on the SD card option. You will see a format SD card, format it. Confirm it to format the SD card.
You can even format the microSD card using your computer. Make sure you have an SD card adapter to do that.
- Insert the microSD card into the SD card adapter, and then plug it into your Computer.
- Open This PC and right-click on the SD card. Then click on the format option.
- Restore device default, and format the SD card to check if it works.
Use SD Card Repair Solutions
You can use these programs to repair the SD card or either retrieve the data that is there on the device.
Hope this article helped you understand how to fix the SD card on your Android Phone. Do let us know in the comments section.