Hulu Error code 504 occurs due to internet issues. It is a gateway timeout error. You might get the Hulu error code when the server doesn’t get a response from another server when loading a web page.
This is one of the most common Hulu errors that users might face.
Hulu being one of the biggest streaming platforms in the USA is prone to errors, and users may encounter errors when trying to use the platform.
Most of the errors that you encounter on Hulu are easy to fix. Hulu error code 504 may interrupt your streaming experience if you encounter it again and again, but do note that the error is easy to fix.
If you are facing the Hulu error code 504, then you are at the right place. In this article, we will be discussing how one can fix the Hulu error code 504.
Table of Contents
Fixing Hulu Error Code 504
Check With Server Status Of Hulu
The very first thing that you should do is check the server status of Hulu. Probably, most of the errors that you encounter on Hulu can be related to server-side issues.
Related Article: [Solved] Fix Hulu Error Code 3(-984), 3(-996), and 3(-971)
If the server of Hulu is down, then you will not be able to stream content on Hulu until the servers are fixed. You can use DownDetector to check the server status of Hulu.
If the server is down, then you will have to wait for some time as you can do nothing if this is the cause.
Check The Internet Connection
As the Hulu Error Code 504 is an internet error, you should try checking your internet connection first.
Check whether you are running on a stable internet connection or not. If the speed of your internet is optimum, then you may try some basic troubleshooting steps.
- Try reconnecting your device to the internet.
- Ensure no apps are running in the background, or the browser does not have multiple tabs open.
- If you are using a router, then keep it near your device on which you are streaming the content.
- Restart your router once.
- Disconnect all the devices that are connected to your router.
- Try connecting your device with an Ethernet cable to the router.
If that doesn’t work for you, then you should try other fixes mentioned in this article.
Moreover, if the speed of the internet is not fast enough, then you should try contacting your ISP to get the issue resolved.
Restart Your Device
If your internet is fine, but you are still getting the error, then you may try restarting your device. Restarting your device fixes any temporary bug that you might encounter.
Read Also: How to Fix Hulu Error Code P-DEV302
Restart your mobile, PC, tablet, TV, or on whatever device you are streaming. Moreover, also restart your router to solve the issue with the internet.
Clear The Cache Of The Browser
The next thing that you can do is clear the cache of the browser. Clearing the cache can solve the Hulu error code 504.
Cached data may have corrupt files if not cleared for a very long time. If that’s what is causing the error, then you should try clearing the cache of the browser.
To clear the cache of the browser, follow the steps given below-
- Click on the menu icon which will be at the top right corner of the browser window. The menu icon will either be a hamburger icon or the three ellipses.
- Now in the menu, click on history and then on view all history. Then click on the clear browsing data option. Now in the clear browsing data window head to the advanced section/tab.
- Here you will see ‘Cookies and other site data’ and ‘cached images and files’ toggle. Select them both. If you want to clear the browsing history, then select the browsing history as well.
- Now click on clear data, and the cache of the browser will be cleared.
This should most probably fix the Hulu Error code 504 that you were facing earlier while streaming content on Hulu.
If you still face the same issue, then try the next method mentioned in this article.
Please Read: How to Fix Hulu Error Code P-TS207
Update The Hulu App
The next thing that you can try doing is updating the Hulu app. Running on an older version of the app may also cause the Hulu Error Code 504.
You can try updating the application, and then check whether you are facing any error with the app or not.
- To update the Hulu app, head to the app store of your device.
- If you are using an Android device then you will have PlayStore on your device, if you are using iOS then you will have an Apple app store, and if you are using Windows PC then you will have Microsoft Store.
- In the app store, search for the Hulu app, and open the official Hulu app.
- You will see the update option on the app page, which means there is an update available.
Try updating the app and then check whether you still get the error or not. If you are still getting the error, then you should try reinstalling the app.
Reinstalling will for sure fix the issue.
Uninstall the Hulu app, and then install it again. Login with your account, and you may no longer face the Hulu Error Code 504.
These were some possible fixes for Hulu Error Code 504. Try all the fixes above to solve the error you are facing with Hulu.
We hope you find the article helpful in troubleshooting the Hulu Error Code 504.