Hulu is a streaming service that only serves the people of the USA. It is one of the biggest streaming services based in the USA.
Users subscribing to Hulu can access various movies, shows, exclusive originals, and various others. However, users might face common errors like Metadata 2.
Hulu error code Metadata 2 is a common error that users can face while they try streaming content on the Hulu application.
Also Read: How to Fix Hulu Error Code P-DEV302
You may encounter this error due to several reasons. This error may occur when you are using an older app version, or when you are running Hulu on low-speed internet.
Sometimes, users may encounter this error when they are trying to stream content on Hulu on an outdated system.
As common as the error is, much easier it is to fix it. You need not worry when you encounter Hulu Error Code Metadata 2, you can easily fix it.
In this article, we will be discussing how you can fix the Hulu Error Code Metadata 2.
Table of Contents
Fix Hulu Error Code Metadata 2
Also Read: How to fix Hulu Error Code DRMCDM78
Check Your Internet Connection
The very first thing that you can try doing is checking your internet connection. You may encounter this error when you are running on slow-speed internet.
If you encounter this error, then firstly, you should try checking the speed of your internet. You can use www.fast.com to check the speed of your internet.
If the speed of the internet is stable, then there is some problem with the app, or probably with your device.
You can try using a wired connection if you are not able to stream on a wireless network. If your internet is slow, then try restarting your router or your mobile data.
If that doesn’t fix the issue then you should contact your ISP to get the issue resolved.
Also Read: [Fixed] How to fix Hulu Error Code Rununk 13
Restart Your Device
Temporary bugs might also cause issues with the proper functioning of the apps. Such issues can easily be solved by restarting your device.
You can try restarting your device, and check if it solves the error or not. Most probably the issue should easily be solved by restarting the device.
However, if you still encounter the issue, then you should move to the next step.
Update Your Application
Many times an outdated app is the problem of all the errors caused on Hulu. If you encounter Hulu Error Code Metadata 2, then probably it is because you are using an outdated version of the app.
Read More: How to Fix Hulu Error Code P-TS207
You may try updating the Hulu application.
To update the Hulu app, follow the steps given below-
- Head to the app store of your device. Different operating systems and devices will have different app stores.
- For instance, for Android there is PlayStore, for iOS, there is Apple App Store, and similarly, different platforms will have different app stores.
- Now in the app store of your device, search for the Hulu app, and select the first option that appears.
- If you see an update option when you tap on the app, then it means you were using an older version of the application. Tap on the update option to update your application.
- Once the app has been updated, try running it and check if the error persists or not.
In case, if you are using a browser to stream content on Hulu, then you may try updating the browser. This method should solve the issue you are facing. If the error is still not solved, then follow the next method.
Update Your Device
Not only the outdated Hulu app but also the outdated operating system may cause the Hulu error code Metadata 2.
If you are done with updating the application, then you should try updating your device. Updating the application can most probably fix the issue.
Clear Cached Data
The next thing that you can try doing is cleaning the cached data of the browser. Cache data can help load content faster, but many times old cached data might get corrupted.
This corrupted cached data then causes problems with the application. If you are getting Hulu Error Code Metadata 2, then you may try clearing the cache of the application.
To clear the cache of the application on Android devices (TV, phone, tablets), follow the steps given below-
- Head to the settings of your device.
- Now in the settings, visit the apps section.
- Here you will find the list of all the apps on your device. Search for Hulu and tap on it.
- Now you will see the clear cache option. If you do not see this option, then select storage in the same window, and you will find the option. Tap on clear cache, and confirm. This will clear the cache of the application.
If you are using a browser to stream content on Hulu, then you will have to clear the cache of the browser. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Click on the menu icon on your browser.
- Now in the menu, open the history. In the history, click on the clear browsing data option.
- You will then see the advanced tab/section. Click on that, and then on the clear history window, select clear cache. Confirm it, and you will be able to clear the cache of your browser.
If you are using any iOS device, then you won’t get any option to clear the cache on an iOS device. All you can do is reinstall the application.
Reinstall The Hulu App
The next thing that you can try doing is reinstalling the Hulu app. You can reinstall the Hulu app, and this will clear all the temporary bugs or problems that you may encounter.
Reinstalling the application most probably fixes the Hulu error code Metadata 2.
These were some ways to fix the Hulu error code Metadata 2. We hope you find the answer to the question, and this post helps you with fixing the error. If you find this article helpful, then do let us know in the comment section.