Hulu Error Code P-DEV318 is one of the most common errors that one can face while streaming content on Hulu.
Hulu is an online streaming service available to people living in the USA. However, there are some errors that one can face while streaming content on Hulu.
One such common Hulu error code is P-DEV318, which you can face while streaming content on Hulu.
This error can be encountered due to several reasons like slow internet, corrupt cached data accumulated on the system, and Hulu server being down.
The error for sure isn’t something that should worry you. Of course, it is a temporary error that will get fixed after some time, but if you want to stream content without waiting for the error to get solved, then you are at the right place.
Read Also: Steps to Fix Hulu Error Code P-DEV313 easily
This article will help you with getting the Hulu error code P-DEV318 fixed. Let’s discuss how you can fix this error and stream content on Hulu.
Table of Contents
Fix Hulu Error Code P-DEV318
Check With The Hulu Server
Check the status of the Hulu server, is it down or up from DownDetector.com. When the Hulu server goes down, you will probably get to hear it from the social media handle of Hulu.
Many times the server goes down due to technical maintenance, or it can be due to high traffic that the Hulu experience. If the server is down, then it can take some time for the experts at Hulu to get it fixed.
If this is the case, then there is nothing you can do about it. You will have to wait for the server to be up again.
This can take some time, and you will get the update about the server being up again from the social media handle of Hulu.
Read Also: How to Fix Hulu Error Code P-DEV322
Check Your Internet Connection
Try checking your internet connection. The most common cause of this error to occur is the slow internet connection. If your internet connection is slow then this error might interrupt your streaming experience.
Check the speed of the internet. If the speed of your internet is fine, you check if other apps are working fine or not. Moreover, you can try connecting your device over a wired connection.
Must Read: How to Fix Hulu Error Code P-DEV302
Even if you are running on a high-speed plan but experiencing slow internet, then you should try contacting your ISP and get the issue fixed. If you are on a low-speed internet plan, then you should try upgrading your internet and check if it solves the error or not.
Moreover, if you are using VPN, try disabling that, and check again if you still get the Hulu Error code P-DEV 318 or not. If you are still getting the error, then you can move to the fixes given ahead.
Update The Application
The next thing that you can try doing is update the Hulu application.
Users have reported getting the Hulu Error Code P-DEV318 fixed after updating their application.
To update the Hulu app, follow the steps given below:
- Open the application store on your device. The application store can vary depending on the device and the operating system you are using.
- For instance, you will find PlayStore on Android devices, Microsoft Store on Windows PC, Apple App Store on iOS devices.
- Now in the application store, search for Hulu.
- Besides the Hulu application, you will see the update option.
- If the update option is available that means you were running an outdated version of the Hulu application.
- Select the update option to update the application.
- Once the application is updated, run it.
- This should most probably fix the Hulu error code P-DEV318.
Also Read: How to fix Hulu Error Code 504?
Clear The Cache Of The Application
If the problem is still not solved, then you can try clearing the cache of the application. Clearing the cache many times solves the error/problem you face.
Given below are the steps to clear the cache on Android devices. The steps given below will work for all Android devices including phones, tablets, and all the Android TVs.
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Now in the settings app, search for the apps section and open it.
- In the app section, you will find the Hulu application listed there. Open it.
- When you open the Hulu application, it will open the app info window. Here you will find the option to clear cache of the application. If you don’t find this option somewhere, then click on the storage option that you will find on the same screen, and you will find the clear cache option.
- Select clear cache, and confirm to clear the cache of the application. The Hulu error code P-DEV318 should most probably get fixed after you clear the cache of your application.
If you are using iOS/Apple devices, then you will not find the option to clear the cache of the application.
Must follow: [Easy Fix] How to fix Hulu Error Code P-DEV320
In this case, you should reinstall the application to clear the cache.
Moreover, if you are using a browser on your device to stream content using Hulu, then you can try clearing the cache of the browser.
To do so, head to the section where you clear the history of your browser, and you will find the option to clear the cache there.
Reinstall The Application
The next thing that you can try doing is reinstalling the application. If clearing the cache doesn’t solve your problem, then reinstalling the application is probably the next thing that you should do.
Reinstall the Hulu application and login back into your account. After doing so, check if you are still getting the error or not.
Moreover, if you are using a browser to stream content on Hulu, then you can try changing the browser, and open the Hulu website on any other browser.
Contact The Hulu Support Team
If you are still getting the error after trying the above fixes, then you should contact the Hulu support team to get the error fixed.
You can contact the Hulu support team from the contacts given on this page.
Contact the Hulu support team, and explain them the error you are facing and the fixes that you have tried. They will help you out with solving the error.
Hulu error code P-DEV318 is an easy error to fix. Yes, this is one of the most common errors that you can encounter while streaming content on Hulu, and you shouldn’t be worried about facing such common errors.
You can follow the fixes given in this article to troubleshoot such errors. We hope you find the article helpful, and we expect that the methods mentioned in this article did help solve the Hulu error code P-DEV318.