If your Paramount Plus is also giving you problems such as buffering, not working, keeps loading or not playing then this article is for you.
In this article, we cover the most common Paramount Plus problems and how to fix them as well.
As we all know, Paramount Plus is one of the most exciting streaming services out there and it is becoming quickly popular as well.
Since its release, many users have been facing problems with Paramount Plus such as buffering, loading etc.
Table of Contents
Types of Paramount Plus Problems
Now, there are a lot of Paramount+ Problems that have become very common and we are going to list them down below.
Some users have said that they face playback errors, and only see a black screen with nowhere to go.
- We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties. Please check again later.
Other users have also said that their Paramount+ gets stuck on an endless loading loop and no content loads.
There are also instances where the “Video Unavailable” message pops up and it says “This video isn’t available to watch. Wait a moment, then try again later.”
The problems with the Paramount+ app are so much that the app literally freezes to a point where it says not responding.
Therefore, we are here to tell you about the 21 Ways in which you can solve these Paramount Plus problems and we are sure that these solutions will help you eradicate the problems.
How to fix Paramount Plus problems such as buffering, not working, loading or not playing
1. Sign out and sign in back to Paramount Plus
The first thing you need to do in order to solve the Paramount Plus problems is to sign out and sign in back to Paramount Plus.
There may be temporary bugs and glitches in the system for Paramount Plus that can be fixed if you sign out and sign back in to the service.
To do this, follow these steps:
- First of all, go to Paramount Plus homepage and click the down arrow next to your username on the top-right corner.
- After that, select Account and scroll down to Help and click Sign Out.
Once you are signed out, you need to enter your account credentials and sign in to the service and your problems should be fixed by now.
2. Check Paramount Plus server status
If the problem is still as it is then you need to check if the Paramount Plus servers are working or not.
A lot of times, we have seen that users face these problems on Paramount Plus because their servers are down and not working at all.
Thankfully, Paramount Plus has its own status page where you can check if its servers are working fine or not.
You just need to visit this link and it will take you to the official Paramount Plus server status page which will tell you if the service is working fine or not.
As you can see, it currently says that Paramount+ is up! which means there are no problems with its servers at the moment.
3. Check Paramount Plus app updates
If the Paramount Plus servers are up and working fine, you need to check if there is an app update available or not.
A lot of times, the issues with Paramount Plus are related to its app not being updated.
- If you installed the Paramount Plus app on your iPhone then go to the App Store and if you did it on Android then go to the Google Play Store.
- Now, check if the Paramount Plus app has an update available or not.
- If there is an update available, click on the Update button to start updating the app as soon as possible.
- Once the app is updated, you should not be getting the same problems if they were related to the outdated app.
4. Restart Paramount Plus or refresh the browser
We have noticed that restarting the Paramount Plus app or refreshing the browser helps a lot of times when you are facing Paramount Plus problems.
So it is worth noting that you should try to restart Paramount Plus app on your device and even refresh the browser you are using.
- To restart the Paramount Plus app, exit the Paramount+ app first of all then also clear the app from Recents.
- After that, wait for a few seconds and restart your device if possible, and then open the Paramount+ app again to see if the problems are fixed or not.
If the problem is not fixed and if you are using Paramount+ on a web browser then you can refresh the web browser as well.
- To do that, just refresh the web browser by clicking on the reload button or pressing Ctrl + F5 on Windows or Command + Option + R on macOS.
With these steps, we hope that your Paramount+ problems will be fixed and you should be able to use the app properly again.
5. Reboot or Power Cycle your streaming device
Once you relaunch your Paramount Plus app or refresh your web browser and the problem is still there, you need to reboot or power cycle your streaming device if you are using any.
By rebooting or power cycling your streaming device, you are essentially freeing up system resources which means that memory can be freed.
If you are using an Android phone, you need to press the Power button and keep pressing it for 3-5 seconds and click on Restart button.
On iOS, press the Power button for 3-5 seconds as well and then Slide to Power Off. After that, press the Power button to boot up the iPhone and this will complete a full restart.
- For Set-top boxes, Smart TVs or Gaming consoles, you need to turn off the device.
- After that, unplug all the cables and wait for a few minutes.
- After that, plug back all the cables into the streaming device and power on the device too.
- Now, check if the Paramount Plus app is working properly because we have just done a power cycle as well.
6. Check the number of devices streaming Paramount Plus
It is possible that your Paramount Plus is having problems because it has reached the limit of maximum number of devices that can be logged in to the service at a time.
Paramount Plus will give you an Error Code 60 which simply means that you have exceeded the device login limit.
As per our research, Paramount Plus has a limit of three streaming devices that can be logged in at the same time.
If you try to log in with your fourth streaming device then it will throw up the Error Code 60 or keep buffering or loading the content.
Also, if you want to log out each and every device from your Paramount Plus account then you can change your password which will force every device out of the account.
After that, you can login to each device one by one and this will allow you to keep a count of how many and which devices you have logged in to.
7. Use Incognito mode
If you are not sure about what is causing the problems with Paramount Plus and you have already tried the steps mentioned above then you can use incognito mode.
With the help of incognito mode, your browser cache files are not stored and you will be able to browse the internet as a new user.
In order to open Incognito mode, you need to click on the three dot menu and click on New Incognito Window and a new incognito window will be opened.
Here, you need to go to ParamountPlus.com and then login with your account credentials and try to stream content of your choice.
Now, you will see if Paramount Plus is working fine with incognito mode or not.
8. Check your WiFi or Internet Connection
Once you have also checked if Paramount Plus is working in incognito mode or not and the same problem persists, you need to check your WiFi or Internet Connection.
We have seen that users who were facing issues with Paramount Plus were having WiFi or Internet Connection issues as their connection was either not working or too slow.
To check if your Internet Connection is working fine or not, you need to visit a website named Fast.com and test your internet connection on that website.
It will start checking your internet connection automatically and if you find that your internet speeds are slower than what you have subscribed for, make sure to contact your internet service provider and tell them to fix the issue.
9. Check your HDMI connection
We have also found out that users who were having Paramount Plus problems had issues with their HDMI connection as well.
Either their connection was too loose or their HDMI cables got unplugged which meant that they were facing Paramount Plus problems.
So we recommend you to check your HDMI connection as well and remove the HDMI cable from your device and insert it tighlty once again and see if the problem is fixed or not.
10. Check for issues on other TV shows or movies
One thing that often gets overlooked is that there might be a problem with some of the content on Paramount Plus and the other content might work fine.
To check if this is the case or not, you need to stream other content on your device as well.
If you find out that the other TV shows and movies are working fine on Paramount Plus and only some of the content is facing issues, it could be that the content has been removed from the platform due to certain restrictions.
11. Try streaming Paramount+ on different devices
You can also try and stream Paramount+ on other devices apart from the one you are currently using.
If the issue is with your device, it is possible that Paramount Plus will work with other devices.
Therefore, if you are using Paramount+ on your mobile then make sure to switch to your PC or Laptop and start using Paramount+ on that device.
If the Paramount+ works fine on other devices then you either need to keep using that device for future streaming and if you can’t do that then make sure to contact Paramount Plus support to tell them about the issue.
12. Inspect if Paramount+ is supported on your device or web browser
Yes, it is quite possible that Paramount+ is not supported on your device or web browser.
To check that, Paramount has published an article which tells you about the web browsers that are supported by the platform.
If you are not interested in reading the entire article, we can tell you that these are the browsers supported by Paramount+ right now:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
Apart from that, Paramount+ is supported on devices running the below operating systems:
- Safari browser on iOS 11 or later
- Chrome browser on Android 5.0 or later
13. Update your web browser
The next thing you can do in order to fix the Paramount Plus problems is to update your web browser.
Because it is possible that an outdated browser, which might not be supported, is causing problems with Paramount+ streaming on your device.
- To check if there is an update available for Google Chrome, go to its three-dot menu at the top-right corner.
- Click on Help and then go to About Google Chrome.
- The browser will automatically check for updates and update itself if there is any update available.
For Firefox and Microsoft Edge, you need to follow these steps to check if an update is available:
- Launch the browser and click on Main Menu and then select Help or Help & Feedback.
- Now, click on About Microsoft Edge or About Mozilla Firefox.
- The browser will now automatically check if there is an update and start downloading the update if it is not up-to-date.
Once the browser update is downloaded and installed, relaunch the browser to apply changes.
14. Turn off tracking protection on Firefox
We have seen that Paramount+ is causing issues with Firefox users as it turns on tracking protection by default.
This is a Setting which is not liked by Paramount Plus and those who have it turned on are facing quite a lot of problems.
To turn off tracking protection on Firefox, you need to perform the following steps:
- Open Firefox browser and click on its hamburger menu and then click on Options.
- Under Settings, choose Privacy and Security and then select Strict instead of Standard.
- Refresh the Paramount Plus page and it should be working fine now.
15. Disable AdBlockers
While Paramount Plus lets you watch the content with a subscription, it does have ads on its platform as well.
And as a content creator, I can tell you that ads are a good source of income for all the platforms out there.
Therefore, Paramount Plus needs its ad income and so it hates Ad Blockers enabled on your PC or Laptop.
So if you are using an Ad Blocker, you might get an error message saying “Oh no! This video can’t be played right now. Please disable any ad-blocking software and try again.” or throw an Error Code 1200 or Error Code 4201 which is related to Ad Blockers.
Therefore, you need to disable Ad Blockers on your PC or Laptop.
For example, if you are using AdBlock Plus then you can simply click on its icon that will be visible inside your browser.
Then, you can disable the AdBlock Plus for “This Website” which means you will get ads only for Paramount Plus and the AdBlock Plus will still be enabled for other websites.
Once you do this, refresh your browser and your Paramount Plus content should be loading fine now.
16. Reset your DNS cache
Paramount Plus could be causing problems on your device as your DNS cache might be corrupted.
DNS is basically a phone book for the Internet which tells them which website is associated with which IP address.
Once the DNS cache gets polluted, it needs to be flushed which means we need to delete it.
To do this, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open Command Prompt window by pressing Win + R key combination and type “cmd” in the window that opens and press Enter.
- After that, type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter once again.
- Now, you will see a message saying “Successfully flushed the DNS resolver cache”.
- After this, you can close the Command Prompt window and restart your PC.
Open the ParamountPlus.com website after this and you will see that the problems will be gone.
For Mac users, the process to flush DNS is as follows:
- Open your Terminal by searching for it in the Launchpad and then type dscacheutil -flushcache and hit Enter.
- Now, enter the administrator password inside the terminal since this is a Sudo command and you need administrator access to perform such operations.
- Close the terminal window once everything is done.
Try to open the Paramount Plus website on your Mac as well and see if the problem is fixed or not.
17. Check if your Streaming device is up-to-date
It is also possible that everything is updated but your streaming device such as your Android phone, iPhone or your PC or Mac is not updated.
In that case, what you need to do is check for updates on the device you are streaming Paramount Plus and make sure that it is up-to-date.
- On iOS, you need to go to Settings > General > Software Update and check if there is any update available or not.
- On Android, you need to navigate to Settings > System > System Updates and then click on Check for Update.
- For Windows and Mac, you can go to its Settings and go to the Software Updates section and check for an available update.
To check for software updates on the following devices, we have linked their official guides as well.
If there is an update available then make sure to update your device and then you can stream Paramount Plus without any issues.
18. Clear Paramount Plus app’s cache and data
If you want to make sure that there is no problem with your Paramount Plus app then you can clear its cache and data so that the app can be treated as a new installation.
To clear cache and data on your Android device, follow these steps:
- Open Settings and click on Apps & Notifications and select Paramount+ from this list.
- Now, tap on Storage & Cache and click on Clear Cache and then choose Clear Storage.
- This is how you can clear cache and storage of your Paramount+ app.
For iOS users, clearing cache and storage of your app is not possible so what you need to do is delete the Paramount+ app from your device.
After that, reinstall the app on your iOS device from the App Store and enter your login credentials to start using it once again.
19. Reinstall Paramount Plus app
As we mentioned earlier, iOS users will need to remove and reinstall the Paramount+ app to clear cache and storage issues.
For Android users, even after you have cleared the app’s cache and storage, the problem is not resolved then you can reinstall the Paramount+ app on your device.
- To do that, uninstall the Paramount+ app from your phone by long-pressing on the icon and clicking on the Uninstall button.
- After that, open the Google Play Store and install the Paramount+ app on your phone.
Once this process is done, login to your Paramount+ account and use the app as you did before the removal.
20. Delete your browser’s cache
If you have started using a browser to stream Paramount+ and you are still getting the same problems as you did on your phone, you will be thinking about what to do with your subscription.
Well, worry not because we have a solution if your browser is having caching issues.
It is possible that the saved browser history of Paramount+ is causing issues right now so we need to delete the browser’s cache.
- To do that, you need to press Ctrl+H to go into your browser’s history and you will see a button titled Clear browsing data.
- Click on it and all your browsing data will be cleared.
Once the cache is cleared, you can reopen the browser and stream Paramount+ and this time, hopefully, your problems will be gone.
21. Contact Paramount Plus support
We have mentioned almost all of the ways in which you can fix the Paramount+ buffering, not working, not loading or playing problems and we believe the majority of you should have rectified your issues by now.
But there might be a few people who would be facing the same problems as they did before.
For them, the last option is to contact the Paramount+ support which will help you solve the problem from their end after checking for the same.
- For this, you need to visit the Paramount+ homepage and go to its footer menu and click on Help/Contact Us link.
- After that, you will be taken to a new page where you need to scroll down and click on Contact Us button.
- Now, answer a few questions given to you and they should be related to the problems you are facing.
- After this, Paramount+ will refer you to a few articles that might help you in solving the problem.
- But if you have followed the steps mentioned in this article, you don’t need to browse those articles.
- So you simply click on Still Need Help? at the bottom of your screen and you will get the option of Email Us, Message Us or Call Us.
If you want to call Paramount+ support then you can call on 1-888-274-5343 from anywhere between 9am to 12am ET Monday to Saturday.
If your preferred option is to email them then you can click on it and there will be a form you need to fill with your own information so that they can contact back.
In this article, we have mentioned all the different ways in which you can solve all the Paramount Plus problems and we do hope that they will help you resolve your issues.
The last option is to contact Paramount Plus customer support but we hope that you don’t need to go there and your problem be solved before that.
If you have any other problems with Paramount Plus then you can comment down below and we will help you with their accurate solutions as soon as possible.