Tumblr is a popular social site where you get to showcase yourself. Many people showcase their art and craft on this platform.
You get to upload and promote your content. The site brings content from bloggers and content creators which attracts the audience to the platform.
However, sometimes when trying to view the content on Tumblr, you may get a ‘This Tumblr may contain sensitive media’ message. Have you ever wondered what is this message, why you are getting it, and how you can prevent it?
This message mostly appears when the safe mode is turned on. With safe mode turned out, Tumblr filters NSFW (Not Safe For Work) content on the platform.
You may not be able to view NSFW content when the safe mode is turned on and you may get a ‘This Tumblr may contain sensitive media’ message whenever such content comes up.
If you want to prevent getting this message, then this article will help you with it. In this article, we will be discussing how you can prevent getting a ‘This Tumblr may contain sensitive media’ message.
Table of Contents
Turn Off Safe Mode On Tumblr
You will have to turn off the safe mode on Tumblr to stop getting this message. If the safe mode is turned on, then you will keep on getting this message whenever NSFW content appears on your screen.
We have discussed the step-by-step process to turn off the Safe Mode on your PC, and your phone as well. You can follow the steps given below to turn off the safe mode on Tumblr.
Turn Off Safe Mode On Tumblr On Your PC (Windows /macOS)
This process works out for both, Windows as well as macOS. So if you have Windows PC or a Mac device, you need not worry about that, as you can follow the steps given below to turn off safe mode for both of them-
- Open the browser on your PC, and then head to the Tumblr website. You can click on this link, and you will be headed to the Tumblr website.
- If you are accessing the site for the first time on that browser, then you will be asked to log in to your account.
- Enter your account credentials and then log in to your account.
- After you log in, you will be headed to the Dashboard. Here, click on your image on the top right corner, and from the menu that opens up, click on Settings.
- In the Settings, go to the Filtering section. Here, search for Safe Mode toggle.
- Turn off the toggle for Safe Mode.
- After doing so, click on the NSFW content.
- You will be redirected to an NSFW blog, and you will get the Safe Mode warning.
- Click on Go To My Dashboard button that you will see below the warning.
- You will now see the NSFW blog option on the right side of your Dashboard.
- Now, click on View This Tumblr. When you click on this button and you will be able to view the content that earlier displayed ‘This Tumblr may contain sensitive media’ message.
Turn Off Safe Mode On Tumblr On Your Smartphone (Android Phone Or iPhone)
The process to turn off the safe mode on Tumblr Android phone as well as iPhone is the same. Following the steps given below you will be able to turn off safe mode on Tumblr on your Android phone or iPhone-
- Firstly download and install the Tumblr app on your phone. You can download the app from the App Store (for iPhone) or the PlayStore (for Android phones).
- After you have downloaded and installed the app on your phone, open it. You will be asked to login into your account.
- After you logged in, click on the Account icon that you will find at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Here, tap on General Settings and then click on Account Settings.
- Now tap on Filtering.
- Here, turn off the Safe Mode toggle.
- After doing so, search for NSFW content on the app.
- You will see the safe mode warning when you come across the NSFW content.
- Here, click on the View this Tumblr button right below the safe mode warning. You will be able to view the content now.
This is what ‘This Tumblr may contain sensitive media’ message means. Getting this message frequently may be annoying and you may not be able to see the content.
We have discussed the complete process to stop seeing the message and to be able to view the NSFW content on Tumblr.
We hope this article helps you with what you were looking for. If it did help you, then do let us know in the comment section.