Steam shares your activity by default, such as the info of the games you play. Many times, you may not want to share what games you play with your friends.
So what to do in such a case? Is there any way to hide Steam Games that you from play, from your friends? Fortunately, there are ways with which you can hide the Steam Games from friends.
If you have made your way to this article, then you are probably looking for a way to hide Steam Games from friends. In this article, we will be discussing various ways to hide Steam Games from friends.
Table of Contents
Hide Steam Games From Friends
There are two ways to hide the Steam Games from friends, through privacy settings or by setting your profile to private.
Hide Steam Games Through Privacy Settings
The very first way to hide Steam Games is through the privacy settings. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Firstly, launch Steam on your device and then from there access your profile.
- Now, select Profile from the context menu that opens up.
- Next, click on the Edit Profile option.
- Here, click on the Privacy Settings option that you will find on the left pane.
- Here, search for the Game Details option and then click on the drop-down menu right beside it.
- From the list of options that opens up, click on Private.
- After you have saved the settings, your friends will not be able to view the games you are playing.
If you want your friends to see what games you are playing, then you can simply change the settings from private to public.
Mark Your Profile To Private
Another thing that you can do is mark your entire profile as private. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Steam on your PC. Ensure you are signed in to your account.
- Click on your Profile in Steam and then click on Edit Profile.
- After doing so, click on the Privacy Settings.
- Now in the Privacy Settings, search for My Profile.
- Click on the drop-down arrow next to the My Profile.
- From the drop-down menu that opens up, click on Private.
Doing so marks your entire profile private and nobody will be able to get information about you.
Hide Steam Games Using Steam Chat
Many times you may not want your friends to get the notification that you have started playing a game. Therefore, you can prefer hiding Steam Games from the chat. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Launch the Steam app on your PC.
- Here, click on the Chat option that you will see at the top of the window.
- This will open up the Chat portal. Here, click on the Drop-down menu right beside.
- From the drop-down menu, select the Invisible/Offline option.
Hiding The Steam Games From Library
If you want to hide the Steam Games from the Steam library then you can do that as well. To hide the Steam Games from the Library, follow the steps given below-
- Firstly, access your Steam profile.
- In the profile, select the game that you want to hide in your library.
- Now, right-click on the game and select Set Categories.
- A new dialog box will open up. Here check the checkbox saying Hide this game in my library.
- Click on OK to save the changes.
These were some methods using which you can hide Steam games from friends. If you are looking forward to hiding Steam games from friends, then you can follow the steps given in this article.