You can easily create channels and servers on Discord. The channels and servers that are created on Discord can be dedicated to a certain category or niche.
Many times, people just create a channel on Discord for the announcement. You can create channels on Discord for announcements, which can be anything like social events, game updates, and various such.
Making an announcement channel on Discord is quite easy. You need not worry if you don’t know how to make one.
If you are looking forward to making an announcement channel on Discord, then this article will help you with that.
In this article, we will be discussing how you can make an announcement channel on Discord.
Table of Contents
Creating An Announcement Channel On Discord Using PC
Discord is available to both mobiles as well as PC, so you need not worry about it if you use a PC to access your Discord account.
If you want to create an announce channel on Discord using your PC, then we are here to guide you with that.
Given below are the steps to help you create an announcement channel on Discord using your Desktop.
Do note that you can use either the web version of Discord or even the app version, it is all on you. Follow the steps given below to create an announcement channel on Discord using PC.
- Open the Discord app on your PC or head to the Discord website on your browser. Ensure you are signed in to your account in Discord.
- If you are not signed on to your account, then you will have to do that before you continue ahead.
- You will have to own a community server in order to create an announcement channel. Head to the community server that you own.
- Now, click on the Plus icon next to the Text Channels. You will see a new pop-up window on your screen. On the pop-up screen, select Announcement Channel.
- You will be asked to enter the name of the announcement channel. Enter the name of the channel and then click on Create Channel.
After you have created the announcement channel, you can easily publish the post in it. People following the channel will get the message you send in the channel.
However, you cannot mention anyone on the post in the announcement channel.
Creating An Announcement Channel On Discord Using Mobile
You can also create an announcement channel on Discord using your mobile phone. If you have the Discord app created on your mobile, then you can use it to create an announcement channel on Discord.
In order to do so, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Discord app on your phone, and head to the community servers you own.
- Tap on the Plus icon that you see next to the Text Channels.
- You will see a pop-up window asking you to select the channel type. Select Announcement Channel and then write the name of the channel you are creating.
- Once done, tap on the Check icon to create the channel.
This will create an announcement channel on Discord on your mobile phone.
This is how you can create an announcement channel on Discord. You can easily create an announcement channel on Discord using your mobile phone or PC.
This channel allows you to send posts and messages related to some kind of announcement.