Many times people may want to pin a Tweet so that it always stays on the top.
When you tweet something on Twitter, it goes down to the bottom as you tweet more and more, and pinning it will always keep it to the top.
This is not the case only with Twitter, but the same happens with every other social media out there. Pinning a tweet always keeps it to the top.
This can be helpful if the pin is important, and you want other readers to notice it as well.
You can easily pin a tweet on Twitter, it is not much of a difficult task.
If you want to pin a tweet on Twitter, but don’t know how you can do so, then there is nothing to worry about that, as we will be helping you out with it.
In this article, we will be discussing how you can pin any tweet on Twitter.
Table of Contents
How To Pin Any Tweet?
You can easily pin a tweet on Twitter using your smartphone or your PC. We will be discussing the process for both to let you pin a tweet with any of the devices you have.
If you have a smartphone or tablet (Android or iOS), and you want to pin any Tweet using it, then you do have the option to do so. Follow the steps given below to pin a tweet on Twitter using your smartphone or your tablet.
- Firstly, launch the Twitter app on your device. Ensure you are logged into it.
- Now, head to your profile and search for the tweet you want to pin.
- Tap on the three ellipses that you see just beside the tweet. This will open up the context menu.
- From the context menu, tap on Pin to Profile. You will be asked to confirm pinning the tweet, and the tweet will be pinned to your profile.
In case you are using Twitter on your PC, and you want to pin the tweet using your PC, then you can do that as well. To pin any tweet using your PC, follow the steps given below-
- Open the browser on your PC, and head to the official website of Twitter. If you are not signed in to your account, then you will be asked to sign into it first. Sign in to your account to continue ahead.
- Head to your profile, and then search for the tweet you want to pin.
- Click on the three ellipses that you see at the top right corner of the tweet to open the context menu.
- From the context menu that opens up, click on the Pin to your profile option. Confirm pinning the tweet, and the tweet will be pinned to your profile.
How To Pin A Retweet
If you want to pin a tweet that is retweeted by someone else or by yourself, then you can do that as well. To pin a retweet, follow the steps given below-
- Head to the Twitter website on your browser or open the Twitter app.
- Now search for the retweet that you want to pin.
- Now, click on the three ellipses at the top right corner of the retweet.
- Here, click on the Embed tweet option.
- On the next screen copy the text from the twee, and if it has a photo then ensure you also include the pic.twitter.com URL.
- Now tweet the content you copied on your profile, and then pin it by following the steps mentioned above in this article.
In the same way, you can also pin someone else’s tweet on your profile. Follow the steps given above, and you will be able to pin the tweet from someone else’s profile to your own.
How To Unpin A Tweet?
If you no longer want the tweet to be pinned, and you want to unpin it, then worry not, as you have the option to do it as well. To unpin a tweet, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Twitter website or launch the Twitter app.
- Now head to your profile on Twitter, and select the pinned tweet.
- Click on the three ellipses at the top right corner of the pinned tweet to open the context menu.
- Select Unpin from profile option from the context menu. You will be asked to confirm unpinning the tweet.
- After you confirm unpinned the tweet, the tweet will be unpinned from your profile.
This is how you can pin any tweet on Twitter. We have discussed the step-by-step guide to let you pin a tweet from your smartphone, tablet, and even your PC.
We have also discussed how you can pin a retweet and also pin a tweet from someone else’s profile. This article also covers the steps to unpin a tweet.
You can follow the steps given above to pin any tweet as well as unpin it.