Minecraft is a popular game where you can play as a creator or a survivor. The game offers two different modes, one of which is survival and the other one is creation.
In this game, players break a block into a three-dimensional object and build shelters. You can create a bare ordinary house or a huge castle in Minecraft.
Apart from food, the players have to find their food for their survival. You can enjoy Minecraft in singleplayer mode as well as multiplayer mode.
But to play in multiplayer mode, so you can play with your friends, you have to use Minecraft Realm.
Table of Contents
What Is A Minecraft Realm?
To play with your friends in a multiplayer player, you need to purchase a Minecraft subscription, also called Minecraft Realm. It also allows players to create and manage their servers.
So that you can play on your private server to avoid random players. But if you don’t want to purchase Minecraft Realms and still want to play with your friends then consider your issue solved.
This article is going to share more than one method to how to play Minecraft with friends without Realms.
How To Play Minecraft With Friends Without Realms?
The truth is, you can play Minecraft with your friends without realms. You can use Minecraft Java edition.
Also, your friends need to have the same version as yours to be able to connect to the same server. Make sure that you and your friends connect to the same server.
Minecraft has already provided its users with multiple free servers on Minecraft java edition. You can join any of these servers with your friends and start playing.
But the only issue with playing on an open server, or public server is that there are multiple other friend groups or single players connected to that server.
You will be entering the game with all those other players. However, if you still choose to play on a public server to avoid any task or connecting and arranging LAN then here’s the guide on how can you join a public server.
- Open the game on your desktop. On the home page, you can see the option of Multiplayer.
- Select and click on the multiplayer option.
- Next, click on the Add Server option.
- Fill in the details to connect to the server.
- In place of the server address, either paste the server’s IP address or URL link to the server.
- Then click on the Done option.
- After this, wait for the game to connect to the server.
- After a while, the Join server option will display.
- Among all the other options, click on Join Server.
- And that’s it.
Method 1: Connect To A Free Host
Another option is to connect to a free host. You can connect to a free host to access the server and play with your friends.
But the only issue is that You require to refresh the server more than once to keep playing. Another issue is that you cannot play the mod in Minecraft by connecting to a free host.
Method 2: Connect To LAN
The best option to play free of cost without purchasing Minecraft realms is by connecting your desktop to the Local Area Network and becoming the host of the server.
Yes, it will take a bit of a task, but you will get to play on a private server with your friends too.
- Make sure that the person creating this server on the local host must have a good PC and a stable and strong internet connection.
- First of all, open your single-player Minecraft world on the LAN. You can find, Open to LAN option in the pause menu.
- When you are connected to the LAN, it gives you a local server. And you become the host of the server.
- But you have to stay connected to the LAN and log in. In case, your friends want to play even when you are not playing.
- This server needs to be running to keep you and your friends connected.
- Playing on LAN also allows you to play in a mod without Minecraft Realms.
How To Create A Minecraft Java Server?
Looking forward to creating a Minecraft Java Server? Given below are the steps to create a Minecraft Java Server-
- Download and install Minecraft Java Edition on your desktop from here.
- Create a different folder to keep the downloaded file and the servers you connect to.
- Inside that folder, create a new test file and paste the following text there.
java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar minecraft_server.1.18.1.jar nogui
- The digits at the last of the above text are the latest version of Minecraft.
- Also, change the RAM allocation in this code line.
- Save the file with the name start.bat
- Now, run the start.bat file using the command prompt. The file will stop running as soon as the file is processed.
- In your created folder, you can now find a new text file with the name eula.txt.
- Open the document. There you will find a line that reads eula=false. Edit the file and do it eula=true.
- Run the start.bat file again. This will generate a server.
- More files will load on the folder including server.properties.
- You can edit this file to customize the game for yourself.
It is possible to play Minecraft with friends without using the game Realms. All you have to do is connect to a server.
There are two options, one is connecting to a public server and the other is connecting to a LAN. Learn how to play Minecraft with friends without realms through this article.
Playing on LAN is more beneficial than playing on an open and public server.
We hope that you didn’t find this article and the steps mentioned in it too difficult to follow. If you did, feel free to let us know in the comments below and we will find a solution for your issues.