Applying textures, graphics and themes are what makes playing Minecraft more fun and smoother. You need the best shield to protect yourself in Minecraft.
In Minecraft, you can edit and customize your shield to change its look and make it look much better. You can do so by changing its color, by adding stripes, borders, and gradients to it.
All of this can be done by putting a banner on the shield. So, let us learn how to put a banner on a shield in Minecraft PE.
There are two types of Minecraft editions, one is Minecraft Pocket Edition (PE), and the other one is Minecraft Java Edition (JE).
Here, in this article, we will be discussing how you can put a banner on a shield in Minecraft PE, but before you learn how to put a banner on a shield in Minecraft PE, learn how to custom a banner in Minecraft.
Table of Contents
How To Make A Solid Color Custom Shield In Minecraft?
Applying a banner on the shield is one thing, and applying your custom-made banner on a shield is one thing. Interestingly, you can create a customed banner, but you can do so in Minecraft Java Edition, which is for PCs only.
- For the first step, you will have to open the crafting menu to get started crafting the banner.
- The crafting grid consists of 3*3 columns and rows.
- You are required to put color wool in six boxes which are in the first 2 rows.
- Keep the last row, or three boxes empty for now. You can put wool of any color that you want to apply.
- In the last row, put a stick in the middlemost box.
- And you are done crafting a solid color banner for your shield.
- You can see a box on the right with the color, you chose wool off.
- For example, you filled blue wool, so the box will appear with a banner of blue color.
- The last step is to move the crafter banner into the inventory to complete the task.
How To Make A Custom Shield With A Letter On The Banner?
To create a letter banner in Minecraft, you will need a plain white banner, and two different colors of dyes. In this example, we are taking 3 black dyes and 1 white dye.
- To get started, open the Loom menu.
- In the Loom menu, you can see three boxes to the left side of the menu.
- In the three blank slots, you have to fill a slot with a banner, one with the dye, and the last slot is for an optional banner pattern.
- Fill all three slots, with your selected items.
- Here, in this example, we are trying to create a banner with the letter C.
- You can add different banner patterns combine to create banners with different letters.
- In the slot of optional banner pattern, you have to select the Black Chief pattern for your banner from the already available options.
- Move the banner, that you have created to the inventory.
- After this, select the second pattern banner which is Black Pale Dexter by following the same above options.
- And lastly, move the banner to the inventory. This will add the second pattern to the banner
- For the third pattern banner, repeat the steps of putting a dye and a pattern in the loom. This time, choose the pattern of Black base.
- Again, move the created banner to the inventory.
- To add a border to your banner, repeat the process, and this time select the white bordure pattern in the loom. Move the whole banner to the inventory.
- On the right side of the loom, you can see a box, with the created banner.
- When you select this box, you can read the names of all the patterns used.
- Move the complete banner to the inventory and your banner with the letter C is ready.
How To Put A Banner On A Shield In Minecraft PE?
To put a banner on a Shield in Minecraft PE will need you a crafting table to carry out the customization of the shield, and of course, a shield and a banner that you want to put on the shield.
Be ready with this, so we can start customizing the shield.
- First of all, open the Crafting Table menu. There you can find that a crafting table of 3*3 has opened.
- You have to put shields and banners on the crafting grid to start customization.
- Now make sure to put both shield and banner in the right place.
- you will have to put the banner on the left side of the crafting table and it must be in the second row of the grid.
- Then set the shield in the middle of the crafting table, that is the middlemost box of the crafting table.
- And you are done customizing the shield. Your custom-made shield is ready.
- In the next step, move the crafted shield into the inventory.
Adding Enchantments To The Shield In Minecraft
The shield customization fun does not end with putting the banner on the shield. You can also put an enchantment on the shield.
And not one, you can put any of three different types of enchantment on your customed shield.
- The name of the first enchantment is Curse of Vanishing. When you have applied this enchantment on your shield, the shield will destroy or vanish, the moment its player will die.
- The next enchantment is Mending. When this enchantment is applied, you can use XPs to mend your weapons, shield, and armor.
- The last enchantment is Unbreaking. This enchantment increases the durability of the item. This means the item will stay longer than its real capacity.
Add more fun by customizing items in Minecraft. In this article, you learned what are enchantments, how to create a customed banner, how to put a banner on a shield in Minecraft PE.
Starting with creating a customed banner, you can apply your favorite banner on the shield, and have more fun.