If you want to know How to Recover My Eyes Only Pictures on Snapchat then this article is perfect for you.
Snapchat is extremely popular among users between the age of 12 and 35 because of its features.
It is popular because of the features that it offers and people love to share stories as well as snaps and increase their snap score.
However, there is one feature on Snapchat that most users don’t know about and that is the “My Eyes Only” section available inside the app.
Basically, the My Eyes Only feature is a Private Gallery Feature available inside the main gallery on Snapchat.
If you want your Snaps to not be seen by someone then you can move them to the My Eyes Only folder.
Your Snaps in the My Eyes Only folder are password-protected which means it is completely safe to use.
In this article, we are going to discuss everything about the My Eyes Only feature right from what it does, how you can set it up all the way to how to recover My Eyes Only pictures on Snapchat.
- How to Get Subscribe instead of Add Friend button on Snapchat?
- What does 5K Subscribers on Snapchat mean?
- How to Know If Someone Unfriended You on Snapchat
Table of Contents
What is the My Eyes Only section on Snapchat?
As we mentioned earlier, the My Eyes Only section is a Private Gallery available on Snapchat for you to store your private snaps inside it and protect them from others.
The My Eyes Only section is protected by a passcode that you can set yourself so that only you know about it.
If you have not set up your My Eyes Only section till now, we have mentioned the guide to set it up down below.
How to Set Up My Eyes Only section on Snapchat for the first time?
If you have never set up the My Eyes Only section and you are possibly hearing about it for the first time right here then we have mentioned all the steps on how to set it up for the first time.
- First of all, open the Snapchat app and go to the Camera section.
- Swipe up from the Camera screen to open Memories.
- On this screen, swipe all the way to the right and you will see the My Eyes Only section.
- Now, if you have never set it up then you will see the Quick Setup option inside this tab.
- Click on it and you will be asked to create a new passcode which will be a 4-digit code that you have to remember.
- Type the passcode once again and your new passcode will be set.
- Snapchat will show you the new passcode and give you the warning that they can’t recover your passcode and all the files will be lost.
- Accept this warning and click on Continue to finish setting up your My Eyes Only section.
How to Move your Pictures from Memories to My Eyes Only section on Snapchat?
Now that we have told you how to set up the My Eyes Only section on Snapchat, we are also going to show you how you can move your pictures from the Memories section into the My Eyes Only section on Snapchat.
To move your pictures from the Memories section to the My Eyes Only section, follow these steps:
- Open Snapchat on your phone and swipe up from Camera to open Memories.
- Now, long-press on the Snaps you want to move to the My Eyes Only section.
- Once the Snaps are selected, click on the Hide icon at the bottom of your screen.
- You will be asked if you want to move these pictures to the My Eyes Only section or not. Click on Move and your pictures will be moved to the section.
- Confirm this by going to the My Eyes Only section, type your passcode and then see the pictures inside it.
How to Recover My Eyes Only Pictures on Snapchat?
As you must have noticed earlier, Snapchat says that if you forget the My Eyes Only passcode then you can’t recover the passcode and all your files inside the My Eyes Only section will also be deleted if you try to reset your passcode.
We have the option to change the passcode of the My Eyes Only section as well but for that, we need to remember the old passcode and if that is not available, there is no option but to reset the passcode.
1. Change/Reset Passcode in My Eyes Only section on Snapchat
You can recover or change the passcode of the My Eyes Only section on Snapchat in the following manner:
- Open the Snapchat app, go to the Memories section by swiping up from the Camera screen.
- Go to the My Eyes Only section by swiping all the way to the right and then click on Options at the bottom of your screen.
- Now, you will be asked if you want to Change Passcode or Forgot Passcode.
- If you click on Change Passcode, you will be asked to enter your current passcode.
- If you don’t know your current passcode, you need to click on Forgot Passcode.
Note: If you click on Forgot Passcode, your passcode will be reset but your snaps and pictures saved in the My Eyes Only section will be deleted and can’t be restored.
- Select the option that you want and proceed with the on-screen instructions to either change or reset the passcode of your My Eyes Only section.
2. Report the issue to Snapchat Support
If you have lost the passcode of your My Eyes Only section and you don’t want to delete the pictures that are stored inside it, you will need to contact Snapchat Support.
Once you contact Snapchat Support, you need to ask them how they can help you in this situation.
Tell them that you lost the passcode of your My Eyes Only section and the files are important so you don’t want them to be deleted.
- To contact Snapchat Support, go to its Support page from this link.
- From the help category, choose the Passcode option and click on Yes.
- Provide details of your account such as username, email, mobile number, device, etc. in the form.
- However, it is worth noting that Snapchat already says they can’t do anything if your My Eyes Only passcode is lost so the chances of them replying to your query are minimal.
- How to See Someone’s Mutual Friends on Snapchat?
- How to Remove Multiple Friends on Snapchat at Once in 2022?
In this article, we have given you a comprehensive guide about How you can set up the My Eyes Only section on Snapchat for the first time as well as what it does.
We have also told you how you can change the passcode of your My Eyes Only section.
Note that if you forget the passcode of the My Eyes Only section then there is no option to retrieve it without losing the data.
So make sure that you write the passcode of your My Eyes Only section somewhere and store it in a safe place.
Apart from that, share this article with your friends and family who want to know How to Recover My Eyes Only Pictures on Snapchat.