LGL22C is another device by LG which offers great specs of the time it was launched. If you have LGL22C with you, and you want to root it then you are at the right place.
LG phones are well known for their OS and performance they have. However, for a device as old as LGL22C, you cannot expect it to deliver optimum performance like before.
This is why many people prefer rooting their devices.
Having root access to your phone allows you to customize it the way you want to. You can overclock your phone, underclock it, install custom ROMs, and do much more.
If you are planning to root your LGL22C, then this article will help you with that. In this article, we will be discussing the step-by-step guide to root your LGL22C with and without a PC.
Table of Contents
Advantages And Disadvantages Of Rooting LGL22C
Rooting a phone has its advantages or disadvantages. Before rooting your device, if you want to know the advantages and disadvantages of it, then continue reading ahead.
Given below are a few advantages and disadvantages of rooting LGL22C:
- Rooting your phone allows you to remove all the bloatware from it. Many phones come with bloatware installed, and this can be annoying as you may not be able to remove them.
- However, having root access to your phone allows you to remove the bloatware from it.
- You can install apps that are not compatible with your phone. As LGL22C is quite old now, many apps may not be supported on it.
- However, rooting your phone allows you to install apps that are incompatible with it.
- You can also install backup apps that allow you to take a complete backup of your device.
- Without root access, you can only take backup to certain things on your device.
- After rooting your device, you can install third-party apps that allow you to take a complete backup of it.
- Having root access to your phone allows you to install custom ROMs on it. You can install custom ROMs and then change the complete look and feel of it.
- You can also underclock and overclock your phone. Underclocking allows you to increase the battery life of your phone, whereas, overclocking allows you to increase the performance of your device.
- One of the disadvantages of rooting your device is security issues. You will have to compromise with the data privacy, and you will be at the risk of hackers trying to hack into your phone.
- In many cases, Google apps will be disabled after you root your device. You will have to install Google apps after you have rooted your device, as you may not be able to use the Google suite.
- Rooting your device can damage it permanently. If anything went wrong during the process, then it can damage your device. This can hard brick your device, and you may not be able to use it again.
Things To Take Care Of Before Rooting Your Device
There are a few things that you should take care of before you continue with rooting your device. Ensure you do the following things before you root your LGL22C-
- Take a backup of your phone before rooting it. Rooting your phone may reset it, and all your data will be deleted.
- Therefore, it is preferred that you take a backup of it before you root your device.
- Charge your phone up to 80% before you continue with rooting your device. This is to ensure that your phone does not shut down in between the process because of discharged battery.
- Ensure you are connected to a stable internet because you will be needing it to download all the required files.
- Use original USB cables to root your phone. If you don’t have the in-box cable with you, then you can buy the original cable from the brand or a certified cable if not the cable from the LG.
Rooting TracFone LG Power LGL22C
Now that you know all the pros and cons of rooting a device as well as the prerequisites to take care of before you root your device, you can continue with rooting your LGL22C.
We have divided this section into two parts. The first part will guide you with rooting your phone without a PC, while the second part will guide you with rooting your phone with a PC.
Root LGL22C Without PC
If you want to root your LGL22C without PC, then you can follow the steps given below. We will be using the KingRoot app to help you root your phone without a PC.
Using the KingRoot application you can root your device efficiently and it won’t take much of your time.
- Firstly, you will have to allow app installation from unknown sources.
- To do so, head to the Settings of your phone, and search for Unknown sources.
- Now, enable the toggle to allow installing apps from unknown sources.
- After doing so, download the KingRoot app on your phone. You can download the application from this link. After you have downloaded the application, install it on your phone.
- When you open the KingRoot application on your phone, it will show you the root status of your phone.
- Tap on the Start Root button to start rooting your device.
- You will see a progress bar that will tell you the status of rooting your device. After the progress bar is filled, you will have root access to your device.
Root LGL22C With PC
If you have a PC with you and you want to root your LGL22C with it, then you can follow the steps given ahead.
For rooting with a PC, we will be using the Dr Fone app, because we find that to be quite popular and easy to use when it comes to rooting a device.
- Before you get ahead, you will have to enable USB debugging on your phone. To do so, follow the steps below-
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Tap on the About Phone section in the Settings.
- Now, tap on Build number 5-6 times to enable Developer Options. You will see a message at the bottom of your screen saying ‘You are now a developer,’ which will indicate that the Developer Options have been enabled on your phone.
- Now, head back to the main menu of the Settings. Here, search for Developer Options and open it.
- In the Developer Options, look out for USB Debugging and enable the toggle for it. This will enable USB debugging on your device.
- Now, download the Dr Fone application on your PC. You can download the application from this link. After you have downloaded the application, install it on your PC.
- Open the Dr Fone app on your PC, and connect your phone to your PC with the help of the USB cable.
- You will be asked to authorize USB debugging. Tap on OK to authorize it.
- Now, click on Start to let the software scan for the connected device.
- When the option is displayed to root the device, click on the Root now button to begin the process. Click on Confirm button when asked to confirm rooting your device, and you will have root access to your LGL22C.
How To Check If Your LGL22C Is Rooted?
After you are done with the complete process of rooting your device, you will have to check whether the phone is rooted or not.
You can check the root status of your phone with the help of the Root Checker app. To use Root Checker app to check the root status of your device, follow the steps given below-
- Open the PlayStore on your phone.
- In the PlayStore, search for Root Checker and open the first search result.
- Now tap on Install to download and install the Root Checker application on your phone.
- After the application is installed, open it on your phone. This will show you the root status.
You can see whether your device has been rooted or not. If your device has not been rooted, then you will have to repeat the process to root again.
This is how you can root your LGL22C. This is the step-by-step guide to help you root your LGL22C with and without PC. We hope this article helps you with rooting your device.