You might have noticed that your Android Phone screen might dim casually.
Well, this is not the case with you only, this happens with all of the Android phone users out there.
The dimming of the phone screen on Android can be because of various reasons, like power mode, adaptive brightness, and screen timeout.
Let’s discuss how you can stop your Android phone screen from dimming.
Also Read: How to rotate a video on Android
Table of Contents
Increase Screen Timeout
Inactivity for a long time can also dim the screen of your phone. When you leave your phone unattended for a very long, the screen will dim.
Also Read: How to fix corrupted SD Card on Android
What you can do is increase the screen timeout of your phone.
- To do this, simply visit the Settings of your phone.
- In the settings option, search for screen timeout in the settings of your phone.
- You will find this option under the display section, or you can search for it in the search bar.
- You can increase the timeout to 1 minute, 5 minutes, or any other option available.
Turn Of Power Saving Mode
- If you have power saver mode settings on your mobile phone, this can also lead to screen dimming.
- Power Saver mode works to consume less power, in case the battery on your phone is low. You can disable this setting or configure it from the settings menu.
- You will also find the power saver mode in the notification center which you can access by swiping down from the top of your screen.
- Press and hold the power saver mode for a few seconds to open the power saver mode settings. You can either search for power saver mode in the settings menu.
- Turn it off, or configure the screen settings to stop your Android Phone Screen from dimming.
Also Read: How to crop a video on Android
Turn Of Adaptive Brightness
Adaptive brightness uses the light sensor to adjust the screen brightness of the phone.
You can turn it off, and set the brightness of your phone.
Using this adaptive brightness, the phone will adjust the brightness as per the environment.
The phone screen will automatically dim when in a dark environment, and when in a brighter environment, the screen will brighten.
- You can access the adaptive brightness from the notification center which you can access by swiping down your screen from the top.
- Click on the ‘A’ icon beside the brightness bar, and then set the brightness of your phone.
This is how you can stop your Android phone screen from dimming. Do let us know if this article was helpful to you.