Discord is just like any other social media platform with almost the same options and features. On Discord, you can add people as friends, chat with them through text, call or video, join groups or servers, and even remove friends.
If you no longer want to be friends with someone on Discord then you do have the option to remove them as friends.
If you don’t know how you can do that, then this article will help you with that. In this article, we will be discussing how you can unfriend someone on Discord.
Table of Contents
Unfriending Someone On Discord
When you unfriend someone on Discord they will be removed from your friend list and you will no longer be able to message them or interact with them.
However, you can add them as your friend whenever you want to. To unfriend someone on Discord, follow the steps given below-
- Head to the Discord website or open the Discord app on your phone or PC.
- Ensure you are signed in to your account on Discord. If not, then you will be asked to sign in to your Discord account.
- Search for the name of the person in the search bar. You can either head to your friend list and search for the friend manually.
- Now click on the Discord tag of the person. If you are using a PC then right-click on the name of the person.
- Right-clicking will open a context menu. From the context menu, select Remove Friend. If you are on a mobile device then you will have to tap on the Discord tag, then tap on More, and after that tap on Remove Friend.
This will remove the person from your friend list and you will have successfully unfriended that person.
Muting The Person On Discord
If you don’t want to remove the person as a friend but instead you don’t want to receive messages from them, then you can prefer muting them on Discord.
To mute the person on Discord, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Discord on your device. You can either head to the Discord web or open the Discord app on your PC or your phone.
- Ensure you are signed in with your account on Discord. If you are not signed it, then you will have to do that before you can continue ahead.
- Search for the name of the person you want to mute on the search bar.
- Click on the Discord tag that you see associated with their name. If you are using a PC then you will have to right-click on their name.
- This will open up the context menu. On the context menu, select Mute to mute the friend.
You can either do the same from the DMs of the person. If you follow this then you won’t have to search for the person in the search bar.
If you are using DMs then swipe to the left and then click on Notification.
You will be asked to choose a time frame for how long you want to mute the person. Select the time frame and the person will be muted.
This is how you can unfriend someone on Discord. You can prefer muting your friend if you don’t want to unfriend them.
This will block any notification you get from them. We have discussed the guide to unfriend someone from your Discord friend list as well as mute someone on Discord.
You can follow the steps above to remove someone as your friend or mute them.