If you have ever streamed media online, especially games, you may have used Discord as a mode of communication.
Being an intuitive and immersive platform, Discord allows content creators to manage and moderate interactive communities to engage with their audience.
While there are many platforms from where content creators use Discord, Twitch has emerged as one of the most popular ones.
Table of Contents
How to use Twitch Emotes on Discord?
Moreover, with the ability to integrate your Twitch account with Discord, it has become even easier to direct your audience to your community.
Talking about the benefits of moderating your audience on Discord, it’s the emotes that make it unique. Your community members can share customized emotes on the platform and express their thoughts in a fun way.
Additionally, there is even a way to use Twitch emotes on Discord. Although it is not an officially launched feature, there are some workarounds that allow you to do so and that’s what we’re going to discuss in this blog post.
Connecting Your Discord Community with Your Twitch Account
The first thing you have to do to use Twitch emojis on Discord is to connect your presence on both platforms.
Follow the steps given below on Discord to connect it with your Twitch account right away:
- Access the Discord App on your computer. Make sure you use the executable and not the web app or Android app
- If you haven’t already logged in, do it first
- Once logged in, access the “User Settings” option from the bottom-left side of the screen
- From the various menu options, click on the “Connections” settings from the sidebar on the left-hand side of your screen
- Now you should be able to see a list of apps from where you have to click on the Twitch icon
- This will redirect you to the sign-in page on Twitch where you have to enter your username and password
- Once logged in, simply click on the “Authorize” button and you’re good to go
You’ve successfully integrated both the platforms and that’s where the fun part begins. To allow your subscribers or viewers to use Twitch emotes on your Discord server, you have to integrate them into your server first.
How To Integrate Emotes in Your Server?
To be able to integrate Twitch emotes in your server, make sure you have owner or streamer privileges on the platform.
Moreover, you should also be a Twitch affiliate or partner to reproduce the below steps:
- Access your Discord server where you want to enable Twitch emotes
- Navigate to “Server Settings” by clicking on your server’s name and accessing the feature through the drop-down menu
- On the left-hand panel, select the “Integrations” option and scroll to the “Twitch” section
- Lastly, click on the “Allow Emoticons” check-box to enable the emotes in your server
Once you complete all the aforementioned steps, your subscribers should be able to use their desired emotes on the server.
How to Connect Your Discord and Twitch Account Through BTTV?
If you are a Twitch streamer, you probably love using Better TTV. You can link your Better TTV to Discord to get access to emojis that are already set up on both platforms.
- go to bttv.tv/login to login into your account
- Navigate to your BTTV Dashboard, then click the Discord Server button
- If you haven’t already, log in to your Discord account from the desktop and then select the “Connect Discord Server” option
- In the middle of your screen, you will see a drop-down menu. Click on the downwards arrow and select the server you’d like to sync
- Lastly, simply click on the “Authorize” button
All done! You can now broadcast the same set of emojis and reactions on both your Discord and Twitch accounts at once.
How to Make and Upload Your Own Emotes?
If you’re looking for emotes, you could think of a concept, or an emotion that your subscribers want to express, for example, a giant bobblehead of yourself with a thumbs-up accompanied by the word “Yes” is a classic emote that you can make.
To upload an emoji, simply be on the server and click on the server’s name. After that, go to the configuration option and click on the gear.
T=There will be an emoji option in the list, select it.
Press the “Upload Emoji” button and then select the emoji you made from the computer folder in which it is saved. Size specifications for emojis vary, so be sure to follow them.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I integrate Twitch subs with Discord?
Connecting your Twitch account to Discord is easy! Just go into User Settings > Connections > Twitch.
When you connect your accounts, you’ll see streamers you’re subbed to in the Connections tab.
How do you use Twitch emotes on discord?
First, you should enable Twitch integration by going to your user settings and connecting your account with Discord.
Then go to your server settings and click on Integrations, and at the bottom of the page, you’ll see a section labeled “Twitch” where you need to click on the “Allow Emoticons” check-box.
How do you make discord emotes?
Check out the “Server Settings” and use the “Emoji” tab to upload custom emoji that anyone on the server can use!
Keep in mind that emoji names must be at least 2 characters long and can only contain alphanumeric characters.
Twitch is one of the largest video streaming platforms. The chat window on twitch contains some special emojis that are known as twitch emotes, which are designed exclusively for the twitch platform.
You can use Twitch emojis on Discord to spice up your chats using the above-mentioned steps easily.