Do you find that your Instagram Direct Messages are not sending, or your Instagram DMs are not loading or showing up?
If yes, then this article is for you because, in this article, we are going to show you how to fix Instagram Direct Messages not sending.
Instagram introduced this feature of Direct Messages, or DMs, where you can directly send messages to your friends on Instagram.
Instagram Direct Messages feature has been used quite a lot by users on the platform because it is possible that a user is only available on Instagram and not anywhere else.
Hence, the only way to communicate with them is via the Instagram app or website.
Also, businesses and creators can use DMs to provide support or give them customized offers.
However, some users complain that their Instagram Direct Messages are not sending, loading, or showing up suddenly.
Instagram users have said they face endless loops or get the “try again later” error when sending Instagram Direct Messages.
Other users have said that they face the Couldn’t Create Thread or disappearing Instagram message requests issue.
If you are also facing a similar issue, don’t worry any longer, as we are here to provide you with the best solutions to these problems and fix your Instagram Direct Messages not sending issue.
Table of Contents
How to Fix Instagram Direct Messages not sending, loading, or showing issues?
Before telling you how to fix the Instagram Direct Messages not sending issue, we should say to you about the possible reasons you face this issue.
The possible reasons why your Instagram Direct Messages are not sending are as follows:
- Instagram server issues
- Instagram app bug
- You’re action blocked for sending too many messages in a short time.
- The receiver blocked you.
- You are messaging non-followers
- Deleted/Unsent Message
- Problems on the receiver’s end.
Now that we have listed down all the possible reasons your Instagram Direct Messages are not sending, we will also tell you how to fix this problem.
1. Check Instagram Server Status
If you face problems such as Instagram Direct Messages not sending, you need to check if the Instagram servers are down or working fine.
To do this, go to DownDetector.com and open the dedicated Instagram server page from here.
You will see if the Instagram servers are having trouble or working fine on this website.
If the Instagram servers are not working right now, remember that they might already be working on the issue, which will be fixed soon.
On the other hand, if the Instagram servers are up and running, you need to find out the issue so follow this article.
2. Log out and Log in back to Instagram
We have noticed that some temporary bugs and glitches occur on every platform, and the same is the case with Instagram too.
Some bugs and glitches occur even on Instagram from time to time, and this is why I encourage everyone to log out of their account and log in again to make sure there are no temporary glitches.
To log out and log in back to Instagram, follow these steps:
- Go to your Profile on the Instagram app by tapping on the profile picture icon at the bottom right.
- Then select Menu from the top-right and click on Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom inside Settings and click on Log Out.
- Once you are logged out, wait for a few minutes, close the app, and reopen the app to log in with your account credentials.
Once you have done this, make sure to send Instagram Direct Message and see if it is sent or not.
3. Update the Instagram app
Since your Instagram Direct Messages are not sending, it could be because of a bug that has come into the app.
However, Instagram developers always fix bugs inside their app by releasing updates on the App Stores.
So, you must keep your Instagram app updated to ensure that bugs are fixed on your end.
To check if there is an update available for Instagram, follow these steps:
- Open the Google Play Store or Apple App Store and search for Instagram on your phone.
- After that, check if there is an update available for the app and update the app if an update is available.
4. Use Instagram via your browser
If you are using the Instagram app and your Direct Messages are not sent, the app could have a problem.
So, try to send an Instagram Direct Message from your phone’s web browser.
- Open the Instagram.com website from your phone’s browser, such as Google Chrome or Safari.
- Then, log in with your account credentials and try sending a DM to someone.
- If the Direct Message is sent, you probably have an issue with the Instagram app on your phone.
Also Read: How to Stop Auto Following on Instagram?
5. Test your Internet Connection
If your Instagram Direct Messages are not sending, it is also possibly due to your internet connection being down.
We have seen users who tried different solutions to fix their Instagram Direct Messages not sending issue, and the real problem was their internet connection.
To check your Internet connection, go to Fast.com and check the internet speed results.
If your internet speed results are below 1Mbps, you are having trouble with your internet, so call your Internet Speed Provider and ask them about the issue.
6. Try Messaging Another Instagram User/Account
As we mentioned earlier, one of the possible reasons your Instagram Direct Messages are not sent is that the user has blocked you.
If the receiver blocks you, your DMs will not be received by them.
To understand if you have been blocked by that particular user or not, try to send a Direct Message to any other random user on Instagram and see if it gets shipped.
If the DM gets delivered, you need to confirm this by telling any of your friends to DM this particular user who might have blocked you.
If their message gets delivered, that user probably blocks you, so your Instagram DMs are not sending, loading, or showing.
7. Report the problem to Instagram Support
If you have tried every step mentioned above and are still unable to fix the Instagram Direct Messages not sending issue, your account may have been shadow-banned by the Instagram team.
You might have sent too many messages to different accounts in a brief period, which meant that the Instagram team thought of you as a spam/bot account.
To understand the real problem with your Instagram account, contact the Instagram support in the following manner:
- Go to your Profile Page on the Instagram app, click on the Menu icon, and click on Settings.
- Once the Settings page opens, go to Help and click on Report a Problem.
- Choose Something Isn’t Working and briefly describe your entire issue in the box provided to write your message.
Note: Make sure to write as much detail as possible and provide your device name but hide sensitive information such as your password.
- Once everything is written, click on Send, and your message will be delivered to the Instagram support team.
Once the team receives your message, they will acknowledge it and respond to you within 48-72 working hours.
This article tells you everything you need to know about fixing the Instagram Direct Messages not sending or loading or showing issue.
It is worth noting that your issue could be as simple as the Instagram servers being down or your internet not working.
But it could be as big as your account being banned or someone blocking you, so make sure to read the entire article and follow the steps mentioned above.
Also, feel free to share this article with everyone who uses Instagram and is facing the issue of their Instagram DMs not sending.