If your Instagram Story or Highlight Views are not showing once they are posted then you are the right place.
In this article, we are going to show you how to fix the problem of Instagram not showing story or highlight views.
Talking about Instagram Stories, it is similar to TikTok where a story gets uploaded and stays visible for 24 hours.
After 24 hours, the Instagram Stories disappear on its own and you won’t be able to have a look at them.
But the unique thing about Instagram Stories is that you can save them as a highlight on your timeline and they will stay there forever.
However, we have seen that a lot of users are facing the problem of their Instagram Stories not showing views they have recieved on their stories or its highlight.
We know that this can be very frustrating because you don’t really know if people are liking your story or not.
Most people we know put their story as a highlight only if they can see that the story has got many views and that it should be saved.
It is possible that Instagram not showing story or highlight views is not your fault but it is a fault on Instagram’s end. Because if the Instagram backend servers are down then you can’t do anything about it.
However, that does not mean that you will not get replies and reactions to your stories because those are not related to your views.
This also tells you that your Instagram story is getting views and it is just that the views are not getting reflected due to problems with the Instagram backend.
In this article, you will get the solution to Instagram not showing story or highlight views and we will also tell you about the most common reasons why your Instagram Story or Highlight views might not be updated.
Table of Contents
How to Check Number of People who have seen your Instagram Highlights?
If you are using Instagram on a daily basis and you want to know how to check the number of people who have seen your Instagram highlights then here’s how to do it.
Now, this can be for research purposes if you are using Instagram for Business or you are an influencer or just for fun as well to know how much engagement your highlights are getting.
To check for number of people who have seen your Instagram highlights, you need to remember that these metrics are available for the first 48 hours of a highlight being added. After that, your view count for highlights will be gone forever.
Anyways, here’s how to check number of people who have viewed your Instagram highlights:
- First of all, go to Instagram and open your Profile.
- Now, open a highlight by clickinng on it and the current view count will be displayed in the bottom-left-corner next to Seen by text.
- Tap on it and you can see the profiles who have viewed your Instagram highlights.
Also Read: 150+ Best Spam Names For Instagram
How to Fix Instagram not showing Story or Highlight Views
1. Check Instagram’s Server Status
The first thing you should look for when Instagram is not showing Story or Highlight views is to check if the Instagram servers are down or not.
It is possible that you are finding the solution to a problem which is non existent in the first place.
Basically, if Instagram servers are down then you can’t do anything other than waiting for the servers to come back up and the Instagram story and highlight views will start showing on its own.
To check if the Instagram servers are working fine or not, go to DownDetector and visit this link to see the latest status of Instagram’s servers.
If the website says that Instagram is having issues right now then sit back and relax and wait for the services to come back online.
2. Restart the Instagram app
The next thing you need to do if the Instagram servers are working fine is to restart the Instagram app.
It is possible that some issue has been detected in the Instagram app or the servers and due to caching issues or even an app bug, the app is not able to show views.
This is the reason why you need to close the Instagram app and then remove the Instagram app from recents as well and then open the Instagram app once again.
In this way, any issues that have entered the Instagram app on your device might be solved and you can start using the app once again.
3. Update the Instagram app
As we mentioned earlier, if there is a bug inside the Instagram app then the first thing you need to try is restart the Instagram app and see if it starts working normally or not.
But if it does not start working normally then the next thing you need to do is update the Instagram app.
It is always recommended to use the latest version of Instagram app on your Android or iOS device.
To do that, you first need to check if there is any update available for your Instagram app on your respective app store which is Google Play Store for Android and Apple App Store for iOS devices.
Once you have checked for available updates, you can proceed with the update process.
If there is an update available, tap on the Update button as soon as possible.
4. Check through a different device such as mobile or PC.
If you notice that the Instagram app is not working on your device properly and you have different devices available at your home or office then you can try to open Instagram from other devices lying around.
First of all, open a web browser on your Android or iOS device and open Instagram.com and check if the Instagram story and highlight views are showing there or not.
If it is not working there as well then you can try and open the Instagram website on your PC and login to your account and check for story and highlight views.
5. Clear Instagram app’s cache and data
We have noticed that some users on Instagram reported that their story and highlight views started appearing once they cleared the cache and data of their Instagram app.
Sadly, this feature is only available for Android users so iOS users will have to skip to the next solution to fix their problem.
For Android users, in order to clear cache and data of your Instagram app, do the following:
- Open the Settings app on your phone and tap on Apps & Notifications.
- Now, select Instagram from the list of installed apps and tap on Storage & Cache.
- Start by clicking the Clear Cache button and then also click on the Clear Storage button and both your cache and storage will be emptied.
- After that, close the app if it is running in the background and open the app.
With this, you will now be able to get back your Instagram story or highlight views to start showing again if it was a cache and data issue.
6. Reinstall the Instagram app
As we mentioned earlier, iOS users won’t be able to clear cache and data on their Instagram app so for them, the only option is to reinstall the Instagram app.
This can also be done by Android users who are still facing problems with their Instagram app.
- To do this, you need to long-press on the Instagram app and then click on Uninstall or Remove app to uninstall it from your respective device.
- After that, you can install the Instagram app back on your device by going to Google Play Store or the App Store.
- Log in back to your Instagram account and we are sure that your Instagram not showing story or highlight views issue will be gone.
7. Report the issue to Instagram support
The last thing you can do if everything else is not working is to report the issue you are having with Instagram not showing story or highlight views to the Instagram support.
- For that, go to your Profile page and tap on the Settings button by clicking on the three lines [三] menu button at the top-right corner.
- Click on Help after that and then click on Report a problem.
- After that, select Something isn’t working and proceed to descibe the entire issue in detail.
- Once you have described the entire issue in detail, you can click on Send button at the top-right corner and your problem will be sent to Instagram support team.
- Within 72 working hours, the Instagram support team will reply back with troubleshooting steps for your problem and it should be fixed after that.
Interestingly, many users have claimed that their Instagram not showing views for story and highlights was solved once they sent their problem to the team and they did not have to wait for their reply as well.
As we mentioned earlier, we will be providing you the step-by-step guide to solve the problem of Instagram not showing story or highlight views.
After reading this article and implementing the steps we have mentioned above, we can guarantee you that your problem will be fixed.
If you are facing any other issues with your Instagram app then you can comment down below and we will give you a solution for that problem as well.
Also, feel free to share this article with your friends and fellow Instagram users who are also frustrated with their story or highlight views not showing up.