Do you want to root your LG D321?
LG D321 or LG Optimus L70 Cricket Wireless Smartphone is a phone from 2014, which came with the Qualcomm MSM8210 processor, 4GB memory, and 32 GB RAM.
Out of the box, you get to see Android 4.4 on this one. Considering the time it was launched, the phone shared quite good specifications.
The phone is now discontinued and it is difficult to get your hands on this one.
IIf you have an old LG D321 with you, then you may be wanting to root it. Being able to root the device is an advantage that you see in Android phones.
Rooting your device allows you to make changes to your phone to be able to use it even if it is quite old.
If you have made your decision to root your LG D321, then this article will help you with that. This is the complete guide to help you with the step-by-step process of rooting your device.
In this article, we will be discussing how you can root your LG D321 with PC and without PC. Moreover, we will also be discussing how you can check whether your device is rooted or not.
Table of Contents
What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Rooting LG D321?
Before you continue with gaining root access to your LG D321, it is important to know what are its advantages and disadvantages.
This will help you clear your mind of how beneficial rooting your device be and what risks it can bring to your device.
Advantages Of Rooting The Device
There are various advantages that come along with rooting your device. Given below are some of the advantages of rooting your LG D321 if you have been looking for it.
- Rooting allows you to install incompatible apps on your phone. LG D321 may have outdated specifications and quite an old Android version, so many apps may not be compatible with your phone.
- Rooting your phone allows you to install apps that are not compatible with it.
- You can install backup apps to have a complete backup of your phone. In an unrooted device, you are limited to take backup of a few things, which includes your files, your contacts, and such.
- However, if you have rooted your device then you can install third-party backup apps on it, and take a complete backup of your device.
- Many stock ROMs come with bloatware and ads. Many times, you cannot remove the bloatware from your phone, and they might end up giving you random ad pop-ups and consuming your system resources.
- Rooting your phone allows you to remove the bloatware and make your phone clean.
- You can also install custom ROMs on your phone and change the complete look and feel of it.
- Moreover, you can also install ROM with stock Android experience to have a more stable UI experience.
- You will also be able to upgrade to the latest Android version and enjoy the latest features with the custom ROM installed on your phone.
- You can also overclock and underclock your phone to increase the battery life as well as the performance of your phone.
Disadvantages Of Rooting The Device
Just like there are advantages, there are a few disadvantages of rooting the device. Following are the disadvantages that you may encounter when you root your device-
- You may leave your phone open to various security vulnerabilities and online threats.
- Your data may be left open to be hacked by hackers looking for prey.
- If anything goes wrong with the process, then it can hard brick your device, and you may not be able to use it again.
- In many cases, it voids the warranty of your phone. But here we are talking about rooting LG D321 so you need not worry about its warranty because it is quite old and it might not be in warranty now.
What To Take Care Of Before Rooting LG D321?
Every process has its precaution to ensure no damage is done. Similarly, there are certain precautions or what you can call prerequisites to ensure the process is completed without any problem. Ensure you take care of the following before you start rooting your device-
- Charge your phone up to 80% or more before you root your device.
- Ensure you take a complete backup of your device.
- Use only the original USB cable to connect your phone to the PC.
- Have a proper internet connection to download all the required files.
- Ensure you do not download the incomplete files, as this can damage your device.
Rooting The LG Optimus L70
Now that you know what things you should take care of before rooting your LG D321, you can continue with the process of rooting your device.
There are two ways to root your phone, with a PC and without a PC. We will be discussing both the methods to root your phone, to make it easier for you.
Rooting Your Phone Without PC
We will be discussing how you can root your phone with the iRoot application. This application is compatible with most of the smartphones available in the market, and you can easily root your phone with it without requiring a PC. Let’s discuss how you can root your phone without a PC-
- Firstly, you will have to allow installing apps from unknown sources. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Head to the Settings app on your phone.
- In the Settings search for Install from Unknown Sources and tap to open it.
- Now enable the toggle for Install from unknown sources to enable installing apps from unknown sources.
- Now download the iRoot application on your phone. You can download this application from this link. After you have downloaded the application, install it on your phone.
- Run the iRoot application on your phone. When you open the app, you will see the Get Root Access button. Tap on it to begin rooting your device.
- Wait for a few minutes for the process to complete. After the process is completed, your device will reboot, and you will have root access to your phone.
Rooting Your Phone With PC
If you have a PC and you want to use it to root your phone, then you can follow this part of the article. We will be discussing the steps to root your phone with Dr Fone app through your PC. To root your phone with the PC, follow the steps given below-
- Enable the USB debugging option on your phone. You can enable it by following the steps given below-
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- In the Settings app, open About phone.
- Now tap on Build Number 5-6 times continuously, until you see a message at the bottom of your screen saying- ‘You are now a developer.’
- Now head back to the menu of the Settings, and search for Developer options. Open the Developer options.
- Here, search for USB debugging and enable the toggle.
- Now download and install the Dr Fone application on your PC. Click on this link to download the application.
- Now connect your phone to your PC using the USB cable. If asked to authorize USB debugging, authorize it.
- Run the Dr Fone application on your PC.
- Click on Start to scan for your device.
- Select your device and click on the Root now button. If asked to confirm rooting your device, click on Confirm.
- The process will now begin. Once your device is rooted you will be notified, and your device may reboot.
Check Whether The Phone Has Been Rooted Or Not
After you have completed the process of rooting your device, it is important to check whether your device is rooted or not.
Many times, even after following the above steps correctly, your device may not be rooted, and you may have to continue with the process again.
Therefore it is important to check the root status of your device after you are done with the process.
We will be using the Root Checker application to check whether your device has been rooted or not.
It is probably one of the best and most efficient apps to check the root status of your device.
Follow the steps given below to check whether your device has been rooted or not-
- Firstly, download and install the Root Checker application from the PlayStore on your phone. You can either follow this link to download the Root Checker application. Do note that the link will lead you to PlayStore, so you can download the application from here.
- Now open the application on your phone, and it will tell you whether the device has been rooted or not.
Should I Root My LG D321?
Well, this completely depends on you whether you want to root your device or not. For the sake of the advantages that you will be seeing after rooting your device, you should root your device. But do note there are a few disadvantages as well, so you should take that in mind and then make your decision.
Is It Safe To Root My LG D321?
When you root your LG D321, the security model of your phone is compromised, which may lead to various security vulnerabilities.
What Happens When You Root Your Phone?
Rooting gives you access to the Android OS code. It allows you to modify the software code to install other softwares not allowed by the manufacturer.
Will Root Damage My Phone?
There are slight chances of your phone getting damaged. But this mostly happens when the phone is switched off in between the process, the connection between the phone and PC is interrupted, or when something went wrong during the process.
This is the complete process of rooting your LG D321. By following the steps given in this article, you will be able to root your phone without any issue. Ensure you follow all the steps correctly and do not miss out on any steps.