If you are a gamer, chances are that you are running Nvidia Geforce Experience on your system. A proprietary software made by Nvidia (the graphics card giant that made $4.53 billion from Taiwan in its fiscal year 2021) to optimize gaming and video rendering.
This software is designed to help you configure your game settings and optimize them for better performance.
However, when this application gets corrupted, games begin to crash and show error 0x0003 which blocks the execution of the application.
This error can cause all applications that request Nvidia cards to crash, including your favorite games.
You can feel helpless if you have faced this issue as it may make one force stop or reinstall Nvidia’s GeForce Experience.
This is indeed a major problem that needs to be fixed by the developers of the GeForce Experience software.
This guide will show you how to troubleshoot Nvidia GeForce Experience Error Code 0x0003 so that hopefully it won’t bother you again in the future.
Table of Contents
What Triggers Nvidia GeForce Experience Error Code 0x0003?
If you’re seeing the error code 0x0003 while trying to open the Nvidia Geforce Experience app, chances are you’re encountering this issue due to a process that is not being allowed to interact with the desktop.
Other times, this problem can also occur if certain services required by Nvidia Geforce Experience are not running.
In some cases, the issue can also be caused by a glitch with your network adapter. Chances are you’re also experiencing frequent BSoDs and other related issues due to this.
That being said, let’s now take a look at some possible solutions for this error.
How To Fix Nvidia GeForce Experience Error Code 0x0003?
1. Allow Telemetry Service to Interact with Desktop
If you are encountering Nvidia Geforce Experience error code 0x0003, you can try to allow Nvidia Telemetry Service to interact with the desktop. Here’s how:
- Right-click the Start button on the lower-left corner of your computer and select Run.
- Type “services.msc” in the Run box and click OK to enter into the Windows Services screen.
- Find Nvidia Telemetry Container and right-click it to select Properties.
- Tap Log On tab and make sure Allow service to interact with the desktop is checked. Click Apply button.
Lastly, give a quick restart to your computer to allow the changes to take place and check if the error is rectified or not.
2. Update Nvidia Graphics Driver
According to the users, you might get an error code 0x0003 message if your Nvidia graphics driver is outdated.
So, it’s recommended that you should update your Nvidia graphics driver to its latest version. Follow the steps given below to do so:
- Press Windows + X key, and choose Device Manager to open it
- Expand Display adapters and right-click your Nvidia Graphics card to choose Update driver to update it to the latest version
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software option, if there is an available update, follow the prompts to complete the process
If the above method doesn’t work, you can try uninstalling and then reinstalling your Nvidia drivers as well.
3. Force Restart Nvidia Services
You can also perform a force restart of core Nvidia services like Nvidia Local System Container, Nvidia Network Service Container, Nvidia Display Service, etc. to see if the issue can be fixed. Here’s how can you do it:
- Press Windows + R on your keyboard
- Type “msc” into the Run window that opens and press Enter
- In the services window, find all Nvidia-related services and right-click any of them
- Choose Restart from the options that appear. This will restart both the service you right-clicked and all other Nvidia-related services as well
Alternatively, you can also launch the task manager and navigate to the services tab and find all the related services to force restart.
4. Reinstall Nvidia Components
Some of the Nvidia components could be corrupted, so you can reinstall all of the Nvidia components including the drivers to see if it fixes the GeForce Experience error code 0x0003. Here’s how:
- Press Windows + R to open Run
- Type “cpl” in Run and press Enter to open the Programs and Features window
- Find all of the Nvidia programs in this window, right-click them one by one, and choose Uninstall for each
- Restart your computer and download GeForce Experience again, and it will automatically download and install the latest version of missing drivers
Make sure you restart your computer once the download is finished to make sure that the changes are applied successfully.
5. Reset The Network Adapter
The GeForce Experience error 0x0003 can also be caused by the corrupted network settings.
So, you can try to reset the network adapter in your PC to fix this problem. The steps are:
- On your keyboard, press Windows + R at the same time to invoke the Run box
- Type Control panel and click OK
- Click Programs > Uninstall a program under the Programs and Features section
Right-click on NVIDIA GeForce Experience, and then select Uninstall from the menu that appears on the screen. Then follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall Nvidia GeForce Experience.
Now you know some ways to fix error code 0x0003 on Nvidia GeForce Experience.
If you try them one by one, one of them would solve the problem for you, and hopefully, you will have a more stable gaming adventure.