Rooting your device can be easy if you have the correct guide. If you are planning on rooting your Alcatel One Touch Fierce 2, then this article will help you out with that.
This article discusses two possible methods of rooting the device without TWRP.
Using the methods mentioned in this article, you need not have a custom recovery like TWRP installed on your device to root your phone.
TWRP is a custom recovery image that many people prefer to use on their phones. People use TWRP over stock recovery images because of the added benefits it has.
However, you are not going to need it, if you are planning to root your Alcatel One Touch Fierce 2.
We will be discussing two methods of rooting your phone. The very first method will use Kingroot to root your phone, while the other method will use Magisk to root your phone.
Table of Contents
Why You Should Root your Alcatel One Touch Fierce 2?
Rooting provides users with privileged control over their smartphones. They will be able to do things which they were not able to do before.
Rooting of course gives various benefits to the Android smartphone owner, which when compared with unrooted smartphones is way more than you can expect.
- Rooting gives you access to install custom ROMs on your phone. Flashing custom ROMs to the device is not possible without rooting it.
- If your device is unrooted, then you will not be able to remove the stock ROM and get the feel of a custom ROM on your phone.
- You can optimize the performance of your phone. Rooting enables overclocking and underclocking your device to optimize its performance as per your requirements.
- Moreover, you can improve the battery life of your phone as well.
- Rooting allows you to remove system apps and bloatware from your phone. System apps cannot be uninstalled on devices.
- And sometimes your Android phone comes with system apps that are of no use to you.
- In such a case, you can easily remove the system apps if you have rooted your device.
- Moreover, if your device is bloatware that you are not able to remove on an unrooted device.
- You will be easily able to remove the bloatware on a rooted device.
- It allows you to customize your phone. If you want to customize your phone the way you want, then you should try rooting your device.
- Rooting gives you complete access to your phone so you can customize it the way you want.
Read Also: How to root Kindle Fire 2 without PC
Important Downloads For Rooting The Device
You will need all these files to root your device-
Things To Keep In Mind Before Rooting Your Device
Before you continue rooting your device, make sure you keep these things in your mind.
- Make sure your phone is charged up to 80% or more. Your phone should not shut down in between the process, therefore, it is essential to charge it before rooting.
- Ensure you take the backup of your data.
- Rooting will delete all the data of your phone, so it is essential to have a backup before continuing.
- Install Android SDK and platform-tools on your PC before continuing.
- Also, extract the stock ROM of Alcatel One Touch Fierce 2, and get the image file ( in the .img format).
Steps to Root Alcatel One Touch Fierce 2
Now that you have all the things ready with you, let’s discuss how you can root your device.
We will be discussing two methods to root your device, which are as follows-
Rooting Using Kingroot
- To root your device using Kingroot, download and install Kingroot on your mobile. You will be asked to allow installation from unknown sources.
- Now launch the app after it has been installed. The app will show ‘Root access is unavailable’ which means that your device is not rooted.
- To root your device, click on Start Root and the process of rooting will begin.
- Once the process is completed, you will see a big tick on the screen, which means the phone has been successfully rooted.
Note: Before the application roots your device, the process might fail 2-3 times and it will reboot your device. After 2-3 tries, it will complete the rooting process.
Rooting Using Magisk
- First of all, connect your phone to your PC using a USB cable. Ensure file transfer is on.
- Now, copy the boot image of the stock ROM which you extracted earlier to the internal storage of your phone.
- The boot image will be named boot.img
- Now install Magisk on your device, like you install regular apps, and launch the application.
- When you launch the application, you will see an install button, click on it and then select Patch Boot Image File.
- After selecting the option, head to the location where you saved the boot image of the stock ROK, and select it.
- After a few seconds, Magisk begins patching the boot Stock image.
- After the process is completed, you can copy the patched boot image to the internal storage of your phone.
- Now on your PC head to the folder where ADB and Fastboot tools (Android SDK and platform tools) was extracted.
- Inside the folder, right-click while holding the shift key, and then click on Open Powershell Window Here.
- Now type in the command adb reboot bootloader in the PowerShell to boot your phone to bootloader mode.
- Now type the command fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img and execute it.
- Note that magisk_patched.img is the name of the patched boot file, while .img is the extension. You can replace it with the name of the patched boot file.
- In case your device has an A/B partition, then you will need to type in the following command:
fastboot flash boot_a magisk_patched.img fastboot flash boot_b magisk_patched.img
- Once the process is completed, you can reboot your phone normally, and it will be rooted.
- You can check the root status from the Magisk Manager. Visit the Magisk Manager, and if you see all green ticks, then it means your phone has been successfully rooted.
Rooting is not so difficult process. If you want to root your Alcatel One Touch you can follow the steps mentioned in this article. Hope we helped you with rooting your device.