LG has now taken off from the smartphone market, and with that being said, it will no longer be producing new smartphones.
But that doesn’t mean LG smartphones will completely disappear from the market, as users will still be having old LG smartphones with them.
Many users might be having newer LG smartphones, while many people may be having old smartphones like LG K371 for basic purposes alongside their primary phones.
LGK371 was quite an old phone, which has been discontinued by the brand. However, you may still get to see the phone with many users.
However, nobody will be using it as a primary device, but yes, it is still a good phone to work as a secondary device.
To use it as a secondary device, you will have to make a few changes to it like rooting it, installing custom ROMs, and such to increase its performance a bit, and be able to use it for basic purposes.
If you plan on rooting your LG K371 and use it as your secondary device, then you are at the right place.
In this article, we will be helping you with rooting your LG K371. It doesn’t matter, whether you have rooted your device before or not, but following the steps in this article, you will be able to successfully root your device without any problem.
Table of Contents
Prerequisites To Take Care Of Before Rooting LG K371
There are certain prerequisites that you should take care of before you root your device. Ensure you take care of the following things to root your phone without any problem-
- Charge your phone to at least 80% before continuing with the process. It would be better if you charge it completely.
- Take a backup of the data on the device. If the device has no data, then reset it before you continue with the process.
- This step is optional and up to you, whether you want to follow it or save time without following it.
- Use the original data cable you get with the phone to root the device.
- If you do not have the original data cable with you, then use a certified cable from other brands like Xiaomi, Samsung, or original LG cable which you can get from the market.
- Ensure you are connected to high-speed internet. You will be needing faster internet to download all the files required without facing network issues.
How To Root Your LG K371?
There are various ways to help you root your LG K371. No matter whether you have a PC or not, you will be able to root your device.
We will be discussing how you can root your LG K371 without PC as well as with PC.
Root LG K371 Without PC
If you don’t have a PC with you but you still want to root your LG K371, you need not worry about it.
There is still a way to root your phone without a PC. We will be using the KingRoot app to root the phone.
To root your phone without a PC, follow the steps given below-
- Head to the Settings app on your phone.
- In the Settings, search for Install from unknown sources, and open it.
- Allow installing the apps from unknown sources.
- Now download and install the KingRoot app on your phone. You can download the application from this link.
- Run the KingRoot app on your phone. Tap on the Start Root button to start rooting your device.
- You will see a progress bar on the screen which will tell the status of rooting the device.
- When the progress bar is filled, the process will be completed. You will be notified that your device is rooted.
Rooting Your Device With PC
If you have a PC, and you want to root your LG K371 using it, then you can follow the steps given ahead.
We will be using Dr Fone app to help you root your phone. To root your LG K371 through Dr Fone app, follow the steps given below-
- Head to the Settings app on your phone.
- In the Settings app, tap on About phone. In the About phone, tap on Build number a few times.
- You will have to tap on it 5-6 times until you see a message saying ‘You are now a developer.’
- Now go back to the Settings menu, and search for Developer Options and open it.
- In the Developer Options, search for USB Debugging. Enable the toggle for USB Debugging.
- Now, download and install the Dr Fone app on your PC. You can download the app from this link.
- Open the Dr Fone on your PC and then connect your phone to your PC using the USB cable.
- You will see a message on your screen asking you to authorize USB debugging. Click on OK to authorize USB debugging.
- Now click on the Start button to let the software scan for the phone connected to your PC.
- Select the phone, and then click on the Root now button. You will be asked to confirm rooting your device. Click on Confirm to continue.
- Wait for the process to complete. After the process is completed, you may have to restart your phone, and you will have root access to it.
How To Check If Your LG K371 Has Been Rooted Or Not?
There are various ways to check whether your device has been rooted or not.
However, in this article, we will be going through the easier method to check the root status of your device.
We will be using the Root Checker application to check whether your device has been rooted or not.
To use the Root Checker application to check the root status of your device, follow the steps given below-
- Open the PlayStore on your phone.
- In the PlayStore, search for Root Checker and open it.
- Now tap on the Install button to install the Root Checker app on your phone.
- Open the Root Checker app on your phone. When you open the Root Checker app on your phone, you will be able to see the root status.
Many times even after following the above steps, your device may not be rooted. In this case, you will have to root your device again and then check the root status again.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are The Benefits Of Rooting LG K371?
There are various benefits of rooting LG K371. You can install custom ROMs on it, remove bloatware, remove ads, overclock your phone, underclock your phone, and do much more.
What Are The Risks Involved In Rooting A Device?
Just like benefits, there are a few risks involved with rooting a phone. Rooting your device can hard brick your phone and you may not be able to use it again.
However, this majorly happens when the process is interrupted. Moreover, rooting your phone also leads to security vulnerabilities.
Should I Prefer Rooting My LG K371?
Well, the decision is yours to make, whether you want to root your device or not. Before you continue with the process, you should consider both pros as well as cons involved in rooting the device and then make the apt decision.
This is how you can root your LG K371 without any issue. It doesn’t matter if you do not have any knowledge or experience with rooting your device, following the steps mentioned in this article, you will be able to root your device easily.