Rooting can be of so many benefits to Android phone owners. Rooting your device gives you various benefits over the unrooted device.
Some of the benefits of rooting devices include adding custom ROMS, increased performance, and various others.
It is not a difficult task to root a phone especially if you have a guide with you.
If you are looking for a way to root your LG Stylo 4, then you are at the right place. In this article, we will be discussing how you can root LG Stylo 4 in very simple steps.
Before continuing with the process we will also be discussing some benefits of rooting, files you have to download, and things you should know. So, let’s get started.
Also Read: Best Custom ROMs for LG G6 in 2021
Table of Contents
Benefits Of Rooting
There are various benefits of rooting that you will experience when you root your phone.
If you love tinkering around the customizations and settings of your phone, then you should root your device. Given below are few benefits of rooting your device.
- You can add custom ROMS. Stock ROMs are limited by features when compared to custom ROMs.
- Custom ROMs bring new updates to your mobile phone and don’t let you feel missed out on the features.
- Custom ROMs give a completely new look to your device, with added optimizes to increase the performance and battery life of your phone.
- Rooting your device gives you the ability to add custom ROMs to your phone.
- Have a complete backup of your device. The backup that you take from the settings of your phone is not complete.
- On an unrooted device, you can never have a complete backup.
- However, when you root your device, you can install apps that allow you to take a complete backup of your device.
- Uninstall bloatware and system apps. Many times phone does come with bloatware.
- However, bloatware in phones is removable, but what if it is not? In case if your phone has bloatware that you cannot uninstall, then rooting your device will allow you to do that.
- Moreover, you can also remove system apps from your device. For instance, if you want to remove the calendar app from your phone, you can do it by rooting your device.
- Rooting optimizes your phone to perform better. Moreover, it also enhances the battery life of your phone.
- So, if your phone has turned sluggish over time and the battery has also degraded over time, then rooting is the solution.
- Moreover, you can also overclock or underclock your rooted phone.
Read Also: Best Custom ROMs for LG G3 in 2021
You will need to download these files, to begin with rooting your device:
Tips To Consider When Rooting Your LG Stylo 4
You must consider these tips when you are rooting your device-
- Download and install Android SDK and platform-tools on your computer.
- Enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging on your phone. To do so, visit the settings of your phone.
- In the settings, head to the about phone section. Now, tap on build number a few times, and you will see a notification ‘You are now a developer’ at the bottom of your screen.
- It means you have turned on developer options on your device. Now head back to the settings menu, and then search for developer options.
- In the developer options, you will see OEM unlocking toggle and USB debugging toggle. Turn both of them on.
- Make sure your phone is charged up to 80% or more. Your phone should not get discharged and switch off in between the process as it can hard brick your device.
- Take a backup of your device.
- Rooting will delete all the data on your phone, so you must have a backup of your data.
Also Read: Best Custom ROMs for LG G4 in 2021
How To Root LG Stylo 4?
Now that you know everything about rooting, tips to root your device, and also know what files to download, you can start with the rooting process.
We have divided the complete process into two steps. The very first step involves installing TWRP, and the second step involves rooting your device.
Installing TWRP On Your LG Stylo 4
Firstly, you will have to install a TWRP recovery image on your device. To do so, follow the steps given below.
- Download the TWRP recovery image on your PC.
- Connect your phone to your PC using the USB cable. Ensure USB debugging is on.
- Now open the TWRP image folder.
- Now, in the same folder, head to the address bar. Search CMD in the address bar and hit Enter.
- This will open the command prompt terminal in the same folder.
- In the command prompt terminal, type in the command adb reboot bootloader in the command prompt and execute it. This will boot your phone to bootloader mode.
- After that type in the command fastboot flash recovery name.img and execute.
- You will have to replace the name.img with the name of the TWRP recovery image.
- Remember, .img is the file extension, so you need not change it if you do not enter the extension of the recovery image.
- This command will flash TWRP recovery on your phone.
- Once done, you can reboot your phone. To do so, type in the command fastboot reboot in the command prompt and reboot it. This will reboot your device normally.
- You will have successfully flashed TWRP on your phone.
- To boot to recovery mode, power off your phone. Now hold the volume down + power button together for 5 seconds, and then release the power button.
- Once in bootloader mode, use volume buttons to navigate to recovery mode, and use the power button to select.
Rooting Your LG Stylo 4 using various methods
There are various ways to root LG Stylo 4.
Here are some of the possible ways using which you can easily root your LG Stylo 4.
You can go for any of the processes given below to root your phone.
Rooting Using SuperSU
- Download the SuperSU zip file from the above link and save it to the internal storage of your phone.
- Now boot your device to TWRP recovery mode.
- When in TWRP recovery mode, tap on the install option.
- Now head to the location where you have saved the SuperSU zip file, and select it.
- Now tap on ‘Install/Flash’ option, and confirm by sliding the toggle.
- Once the process is completed, tap on the reboot option to reboot your phone normally,
- Your phone will be successfully rooted.
Rooting Using Kingroot
- Firstly, download and install Kingroot on your phone. When installing, you will be asked to allow installation from unknown sources. Allow it to install the app on your phone.
- Open the Kingroot app on your phone and then tap on the No root permission button. The process will begin and your phone will start rooting. Don’t touch the phone while the process is going on.
- Once the process is completed, your phone will be rooted.
Rooting Using Magisk
- To root your phone using Magisk, boot your phone to TWRP recovery mode. Before that make sure you download the latest Magisk zip file from the above link on the internal storage of your phone.
- Root your phone to TWRP, and then tap on Install.
- Head to the location where you saved the file, and select the Magisk Zip file.
- Tap on the ‘Flash/Install’ option and then confirm the flash.
- Once done, reboot your phone, and you will have root access to it now.
That’s how you can root your LG Stylo 4. The process to root the device isn’t difficult. Make sure you follow all the steps appropriately to successfully root your device. We hope this article helped you with rooting your device.