Nexus by Google was probably one of the most popular smartphone lineups by Google. However, the series has now stopped, and Google is manufacturing Pixel devices now, which is expected to come with Google’s own SoC very soon.
Coming to Nexus devices, Nexus 6P was one of the most demanded and popular products when it was launched back then.
However, the device is nowhere to be found now. It featured top-notch specs of that time, but now it won’t do much except for working as a normal feature phone.
If you are having your old Nexus 6P with you, then you may want to root it and try experimenting around it to bring it back to life, and use it in some way.
Rooting your device gives you complete access to your phone, and you can then enhance the battery life, performance, and whatnot, to bring your old device to be used as a secondary device.
If you are looking forward to rooting your Google Nexus 6P without a PC, then worry not, we are here to help you with that.
You need not worry if you don’t have a PC with you, because you can even root your device without requiring a PC.
There are generally two ways to root a smartphone, with PC and without PC, and if you don’t have a PC with your to root your device, then you can even root your Nexus 6P without a PC.
In this article, we will be discussing how you can root Nexus 6P without a PC.
Table of Contents
Pros And Cons Of Rooting Your Nexus 6P
Before you get ahead with rooting your device, it is essential to know what are the pros and cons of rooting it.
- Rooting your phone gives you complete access to it, and you are not left with any restrictions from your mobile phone manufacturer.
- You can flash custom ROMs on your phone without any problem and change the complete look of your device. Moreover, you can also uninstall the stock apps that you get on your phone.
- Rooting allows you to take a complete backup of your device which was not possible before.
- You can completely customize your phone the way you want to.
- Rooting gives you the ability to overclock and underclock your device.
- Rooting can void the warranty of your phone. However, if the phone is old then you need not worry about the warranty, because your phone will be no longer on warranty.
- There can be security vulnerabilities when you root your device, and it may also hamper the frequent update cycle of your phone.
- Rooting your device can damage your phone, and sometimes the damage can be permanent and can lead to the hard bricking of the device.
What To Know Before Rooting Your Device
There are certain things to know before you root your device. This is to ensure that you successfully root your device without any issue.
- Before you root your device, ensure you take a complete backup of your device. This will cover you against any data loss you suffer.
- Charge your phone up to 80%. You won’t be able to charge your phone during your process, and if it shuts down in between the process, then the device can be permanently damaged.
- Ensure you have a stable internet connection to download all the files and apps required.
- Ensure you have allowed installing the app from unknown sources. You will be downloading app files from your browser instead of the PlayStore, and to install them on your phone you will have to allow installation of the phones from unknown sources.
How to Root Your Nexus 6P Without PC
Now that you know all the things that you should take care of, you can continue with the process of rooting your device.
There are various applications that can help you root your Nexus 6P without requiring a PC. We will be discussing a few of those apps and the complete process to root your Nexus 6P with them.
The very first app on the list using which you can root your Nexus 6P is Kingo Root. You can root most of the phones with this app except for the high-end devices like Pixel or the latest gen Huawei phone.
To root your Nexus 6P with the Kingo Root application, follow the steps given below-
- Download the Kingo Root application on your phone and install it. You can download the application from this link.
- After you have downloaded the application, install it on your phone. Now run the Kingo Root application on your phone.
- Here you will see the One Click Root button. Tap on this button to begin rooting your device.
- It will take a few minutes for the app to root your phone, and your phone may restart a few times during the process.
- After the process is completed, you will be notified, and your phone will be rooted successfully.
Another application that you can use to root your phone is iRoot. To root your phone using iRoot, follow the steps given below-
- Download and install the iRoot application on your phone. You can download the iRoot application from this link.
- Now run the app on your phone, and click on Get root access. Your phone will restart at the end of the process. After your phone restarts, you will have root access to your device.
The last application on this list that you can use to root your device is KingRoot. Kingroot is one of the most popular rooting apps with which you can root your phone.
To use KingRoot to root your phone, follow the steps given below-
- You will have to download and install the KingRoot app on your mobile. Download the app from this link and install it.
- Now open the app on your phone, and click on Start Root to start the root process.
- You will see a progress bar on the screen which will indicate the status of rooting your device.
- After the status bar is filled, your phone will be successfully rooted, and you will be notified about it.
Check The Root Status Of Your Device
After you have rooted your phone with any of the methods above, it is essential to check its root status.
You can check the root status of the Nexus 6P with the help of the Root Checker application.
- Download and install the Root Checker application from the PlayStore. Head to the PlayStore, and search for the Root Checker application. Click on the Install button to install the application on your phone.
- Now run the Root Checker application, and it will show you whether the device is rooted or not.
This is how you can check the root status of your device. We hope this article helps you with the complete process of rooting your device.
Following the above steps, you will be able to root your Nexus 6P without a PC. Ensure you follow the steps carefully to successfully root your device.