Hello everyone and welcome to today’s episode where we try to root AT&T ZTE Maven Z812 smartphone. Well, jokes aside but in all seriousness, we are really going to root the AT&T ZTE Maven Z812 smartphone today.
It is worth noting that developers were having a hard time rooting the said device from ZTE because of one factor or another.
Also, the developers have mentioned that they had already tried three methods to root the smartphone which involve using the Framaroot, SRS Root as well as Kingo Root app but sadly they did not find any success.
However, we all know that it is in human nature to never give up and that is what the developers also did. And we are glad to tell you that developers have found a new way to root the ZTE Maven Z812.
In this article, we are going to give you a step-by-step tutorial on how to root the AT&T ZTE Maven Z812 smartphone successfully in a few simple and easy steps.
Note that the SRS Root app was eventually used to root the ZTE Maven Z812 but not until a new version of their app was released.
So it is worth noting that you will need to download the SRSRoot v5.1 app on your desktop in order to root the devices.
Table of Contents
Files needed before rooting the ZTE Maven Z812
Things to note before rooting the ZTE Maven Z812
- It is worth noting that rooting the device will void its warranty. So if your device is still in warranty, it is advisable not to root the device.
- TheAndroidLab takes no responsibility if anything happens to your device during this process and no complaints will be entertained.
- Make sure to keep your device fully charged before starting this process as you will not be able to charge the device after starting the process.
- If the battery on your phone dies during the process, there is a good chance that your phone will be bricked so make sure to have at least 50% charge on the device.
Steps to root the AT&T ZTE Maven Z812 using the SRS Root app
- First of all, download the SRS Root v5.1 app from the link we have given in the download files section.
- Install the SRS Root app on your desktop and read the next steps.
- Now, connect your AT&T ZTE Maven Z812 smartphone to the PC via a USB cable.
- Ensure that your device gets detected properly on your PC.
- After that, on your ZTE Maven Z812, go to Settings > Developers Options and enable USB Debugging.
- You also need to enable OEM Unlock option on your device which can be found inside the Settings app of your phone.
- Once all these settings have been enabled, go to the SRS Root app and ensure that your AT&T ZTE Maven Z812 is detected inside the software.
- Now, click “Root” on the SRS Root app and the rooting process for your AT&T ZTE Maven Z812 will start.
- Have patience during this process because it is possible that the rooting will take a while to get completed.
- Once the rooting process gets completed, your AT&T ZTE Maven Z812 will restart automatically.
- This also means that your rooting process is complete and that your AT&T ZTE Maven Z812 is successfully rooted.
Also Read: How to root Kindle Fire 2 without PC
Once the device is successfully rooted, you can finally upgrade your ZTE Maven Z812 running Android 5.1 Lollipop to Android 6.0, 7.0, or even Android 8.1