Have you noticed that you are auto-following accounts on Instagram that you don’t even know?
You may be following random Instagram accounts, and you realize that only when you see their posts on your timeline.
This usually happens when spammers or hackers access your account and start following random accounts on your behalf.
Therefore, we also suggest you tighten the security of your account as we are sure that someone else got access to your account.
In this article, we tell you how to stop auto-follow accounts on Instagram so that you don’t follow random accounts that you don’t even recognize.
Table of Contents
How to Stop Auto Following Accounts on Instagram?
You must have seen posts where people say they can increase your followers by 10x or even 100x within a few months.
Well, this is how they do it. They get access to accounts of other Instagram users and make them follow random accounts, and this is how they increase the followers of others.
So, you need to tighten the screws around your account, so your account credentials are not compromised in any way, shape, or form.
There are a couple of methods to improve the security of your Instagram account so that no one else can get access to it, as mentioned below.
Also Read: How to fix TikTok liked videos disappeared, showing or updating?
Method 1: Manage Connected Apps
One of the main ways hackers access your Instagram account is via the connected apps to your account.
If you have ever given access to your Instagram account to third-party apps and they get breached in any attack, that is the best way you can identify how your account got compromised.
To manage your connected apps, do the following:
- Go to Instagram.com and Sign in with your account credentials.
- Click on your Profile icon on the bottom right and click on the Settings icon.
- After that, click on the Apps and Websites button, and then you will see all the apps and websites that have access to your Instagram account.
- To make sure that no one has access to your account, click on Remove under each app or website that has access.
- We can ensure that your account is safe and can’t be accessed by third-party apps or websites.
Also Read: Does Facebook Notify you while someone takes screenshot of your story?
Method 2: Change your Instagram password
The best thing you can do to secure your Instagram account is to change your Instagram account’s password because even if someone hacked your password in any manner, you can change it and keep it unique so that no one has your password anymore.
To change your Instagram password, follow these steps:
- Open Instagram on your device and then click on your Profile icon at the bottom right of the screen.
- After that, click on Settings and then click on Security.
- Inside Security, click on Password, and you can now set your new password.
- Enter your old password in the Current Password field and then enter your new password in the New Password field and then enter your new password again in the Re-enter New Password field.
- Once everything is done, click on the Checkmark icon at the top-right to save the changes, and your new password will be set after validation.
Also Read: What is OBJ emoji on Facebook Posts? Everything you need to know!
In this article, we told you about the best ways in which you can secure your Instagram account, and this is also the way to stop auto-following accounts on Instagram.
As we mentioned earlier, hackers can access your account via a compromised password or third-party services, so we have told you how to secure both these entryways.
Feel free to share this article with your friends and family who are also seeing that their Instagram account is auto-following random accounts and tell them the reason and fix for this issue.