Are you facing the problem of being Unable to Connect to EA Servers and want to know how to fix it?
EA or Electronic Arts is known to be having problematic servers, and they can’t be entirely blamed either because the load on their servers is immense at the same time.
Most Reddit users can confirm that it is ubiquitous to have server issues when playing on EA.
The most common server errors are “Unable to Connect to Servers” or “You lost your connection to EA servers”.
Some of the most common server errors can be seen below with their screenshots taken at the time of facing these errors:
Sometimes, you might also get the “Server Timed Out” error message on the EA servers.
These errors are primarily due to EA Servers being overloaded by too many users at the same time or even because its servers are down.
Also, the error could be on your end due to latency issues, weak internet connection, or even caching issues.
Therefore, we will fix the Unable to Connect to EA Servers issue in this article down below and solve your misery.
Table of Contents
How to Fix Unable to Connect to EA Servers issue?
1. Restart the Game
Well, we know that this is a very common step, but many people don’t do this step, and for that reason, this is our first step in this tutorial.
To restart the game on your PS4 or PS5 console, press and hold the PS button, select Close Application from the Quick Menu, and start the game again.
On your Xbox One consoles, hover over the game tile you wish to close from the Home dashboard, and then press the Menu button on your controller and select Quit. Now, open the game again and see if it works.
If you are playing on a PC, you need to close the app and open the app again and see if the game starts working now or not.
2. Restart your Device
Once you have restarted the game, as we mentioned above, and it did not work as expected, you can also restart your device to see if it works.
To restart your device, you need to switch off your PC or console and make sure to wait for a few minutes, after which you can turn it back on.
Once the device is restarted, make sure to connect to EA servers, and we hope that your issue will be fixed by now.
If not, don’t worry, as we have other fixes for this issue mentioned below.
3. Check EA Server Status
As we mentioned earlier, the problem of being Unable to Connect to EA Servers is often caused by EA Servers being down.
So, we will now check if the EA Servers are down or working fine to see if the issue is on their side or ours.
They have a dedicated EA Server Status page which we have linked above.
On that page, you will see if the EA Servers are working fine or having issues right now.
If there are no issues with EA Servers, you need to troubleshoot further, but if the EA Servers are down, you need to wait for them to be fixed.
4. Check Date & Time Settings
We have seen users report that they were Unable to Connect to EA Servers, but when they changed their date & time settings, their problems got fixed.
Therefore, we also recommend checking and changing your date & time Settings to ensure accuracy.
For PCs, you need to go to Settings > Date & Time > Sync Now and ensure that your Date & Time Settings are in sync.
On your Xbox or PlayStation consoles, you can also check your Date & Time Settings, so make sure they are in sync by going to Settings and choose the Set Using Internet or Set Automatically option.
5. Check your Internet Connection
To make sure that the Unable to Connect to EA Servers issue is not on your end, ensure that your internet connection is working fine.
- To do this, go to Fast.com, check your internet connection, and measure your internet speeds.
- Once you see that your internet is working fine and the speeds are as expected, you can proceed with another fix.
But suppose you see that the issue is with your internet connection. In that case, you need to fix it first by either contacting your Internet Service Provider or trying to restart your WiFi router, as mentioned below.
6. Restart your WiFi Router
To fix the intermittent connection issues you are facing on your WiFi, the best way is to restart your WiFi router and fix them.
- To do this, switch off your WiFi router and then remove its plug from the wall outlet so that there is no power going inside the router.
- After a few minutes, plug in the power cord back to the router and wall outlet.
- Also, switch on the router and make sure it is completely restarted.
- Now, recheck your internet connection as mentioned above and see if the issue is fixed or not.
7. Clear Origin Cache on your PC
If you are playing games on your PC and are getting the Unable to Connect to EA Servers error, then it is possible that your origin cache is causing issues.
For that, you need to clear the Origin cache on your PC.
Follow these steps to clear the origin cache on your PC:
- Open File Explorer on your PC and go to the following path:
- Now, empty all the contents inside this folder and restart your PC for changes to be applied.
Once the PC is restarted, make sure to connect to EA Servers once again, and your problem should be fixed if Origin Cache issues caused it.
8. Contact EA Support
We believe that if you’ve gone through this entire list of fixes we have mentioned to solve the Unable to Connect to EA Servers issue, then the next thing you need to do is contact EA Support.
EA’s Contact Us page states that their team will reply to you within 25 minutes of your query, which is relatively fast and responsive.
To have a live chat with the EA Support team, follow these steps:
- Go to EA’s Contact Us page, search for your game, and click on it once found.
- Choose the platform on the next page on which you are playing right now and the topic of your problem as well.
- Click the Select Contact Option next, and you will now need to Sign In to your EA Account.
- Select the Live Chat option, and under the Subject, type “Unable to Connect to EA Servers” so that your chat representative can know what your problem is.
- Once everything is done, click on the Request Live Chat button, and your live chat should be started within the Estimated Wait Time as mentioned on top of the window.
The problem of users being Unable to Connect to EA Servers while playing games like Apex Legends is not a new one.
It is regarded as one of the most common issues among regular players.
But why should we tolerate the issue anymore when we have the fix for this issue in this article.
In the comments section below, let us know which step in this guide helped you solve the Unable to Connect to EA Servers error.
Share this article with your mates who are also Unable to Connect to EA Servers and tell them how your issues got fixed with this article.