If you are using Facebook Messenger for a long time then you might have come across an option known as “Secret Conversation”.
It is worth noting that Secret Conversation means that the chat becomes end-to-end encrypted which means that the messages are private.
There are a few advantages and disadvantages of secret conversations on Messenger and we are going to discuss them down below.
In this article, we will also learn how to view secret conversations on Facebook Messenger across Desktop, Android and iOS devices.
Table of Contents
Can You View Deleted Secret Conversations on Messenger?
If the conversations on Messenger are deleted and you want to restore them or view them then there is a very simple way to do that.
To view the deleted secret conversations on Messenger, follow these steps:
- Open Facebook Messenger on your Android or iOS device.
- Now, tap on your Profile Picture to open the Settings.
- Tap on the Archived Chats section to open it.
- Here, you will be able to view all the archived chats or deleted secret conversations.
- Just respond to any of the chats you want and they will be removed from the archive section and come back into your inbox.
How to View Secret Conversations on Messenger for Android and iOS?
As we mentioned earlier, Secret Conversations on Messenger are basically chats that are end-to-end encrypted which means that your messages can’t be accessed by anyone else.
Talking about Secret Conversations, it is worth noting that they can be accessed very easily from the Messenger app.
To view Secret Conversations on Messenger for Android, follow these steps:
- Open the Messenger app on Android and go to any Chat from your inbox.
- Now, click on the “i” button at the top-right corner of your screen and a new window will be opened.
- Scroll all the way down to the bottom until you see the option to “Go to secret conversation”.
- Click on it and a new chat window will be opened and you can see the secret conversations you have had with this person in this window right here.
Similarly, you can follow the procedure to View Secret Conversations on Messenger for iOS as well.
Just launch the Messenger app on your iPhone or iPad, access any chat from your inbox, and click on the “i” button.
After that, click on the Go to secret conversation option and click on it to open a new conversation that is end-to-end encrypted.
If you have had secret conversations previously with that person then they will also show in this chat window.
Why does it say “Someone removed a Device from the Secret Conversation”?
When you get a notification inside the Secret Conversation saying that someone has removed a device from the secret conversation, it basically means that they have left the conversation or a device is logged out.
It is nothing but a confirmation notification and you don’t need to worry about it.
Also, they will not be able to view the secret conversation after leaving the chat.
- How to Delete Shared Photos on Facebook Messenger?
- Facebook Messenger Last Active Disappeared? Here’s how to fix it.
- 6 Ways to View Private Facebook Profile in 2022
In this article, we have discussed how you can View Secret Conversations on Messenger on both Android and iOS devices.
It is worth noting that you can view and have secret conversations using the same method with anyone on Messenger.
Also, you can also go to Settings inside Messenger and then click on Archived Chats to view the deleted secret or open conversations for the Messenger app.